October 26, 2013


Saturday - cold and rainy

A mostly good day.

I got up fairly on time today and discovered that my lovely husband was making bread.  I was a tad annoyed as the place that we plug in the bread machine blocks the microwave/oven.  I had planned to make up the rest of the mini-quiche this morning, but instead I'll have to just throw the mix out.  Sigh.  It's always something.

We went out for sushi for lunch. It was good, but a tad expensive as we didn't go to our usual place.  After lunch we went to my craft store, then went driving.  I wasn't really sure why as I didn't want to go anywhere at all.  We drove along the coast, F got out to see if people were fishing.  They were, and apparently the stormy seas were good for fishing.  

We stopped for ice cream and a drink and then went to Mikawa Mall.  We had to get my sister a present for her birthday.  I think we got something nice.  My original plan was to find her something in Canada when I was there, but we didn't have time to go shopping together.  We got something nice, I hope she'll like it.

We drove back to Tsuruoka and when to the Internet Cafe.  I had asked about karaoke, F wanted massaging chairs.  We did both, but it wasn't enough massaging! We had dinner there and it was okay, but not great.  I was really enjoying the massaging chairs and was sad when they told us our karaoke room was available.  Maybe next time I'll have more massaging done.  

We came home via the grocery store where we bought a bit of ice cream.  

At home, I brought the apple crumble up to room temperature and then baked it.  It was pretty good, except the top burned a bit.  I covered it with foil, but the foil came off too.  Ack.  

I watched Elementary tonight, and later Project Runway All-Stars.  I enjoyed it quite a bit.  Some of the people are very wacky!

And really, that was my day.  I got knitting needles for my Starbella scarf, got crochet cotton for my project and had fun at karaoke.  What else could I ask for?  Night.

No comments: