November 21, 2013


Thursday - Rainy with a few clear patches

Odd day, but okay.

I got up fairly early this morning, but it was dark out, again.  I hate that.  I'm not good at getting up when it is dark outside.  

I had a quiet morning around the apartment. I watched an interesting fashion documentary about Diana Vreeland, showered, breakfasted and watched a bit of other TV.  I wrote a couple more postcards and then scanned them all. I decided that I'd try and get one of my packages in the mail as it was easy to get ready.  Of course I had to find a box and wrap all the contents too! I was lucky in that I was able to watch Children of a Lesser God in the afternoon. It had been years since I saw it, and Marlee Matlin was excellent in it.

At a few minutes to 5 I zoomed over to the post office, only to have the post office lady refuse to take my parcel because, well, I'm not a hundred percent sure why, but I think because she didn't know if my country would accept one of the contents. Gah!  Since I don't know what she was on about, I'll just try another post office and this time I won't mention that item.  I'm not sending anything illegal through the mail, and I brought the same thing into Canada in person two months ago.  Sigh.


I brought my big heavy box home and then a few minutes later F came home.  After he changed, we ran a few errands.  I got some things for dinner tonight, and the apartment.  Then we went to the drugstore and got more apartment stuff, plus some drinks, then F bought gas for the car.

We came home and I commenced getting dinner ready.  It was so nice to be able to just heat up the stew, not having to cook something from scratch.  I made myself some couscous, F had rice, and we both had salad with our dinner.  It was yummy!  I really enjoyed it again.

F did the dishes and then we settled in for the evening.  I watched Avengers Assemble and then flipped over to Once Upon a Time when it was over, so I had a good evening of TV.  After that, I caught the end of a documentary about the hatred that Star Wars fans have for George Lucas.  It was quite amusing and in good fun really.  

I did a bit of crochet and a bit of knitting today too.  It wasn't a bad thing at all.  I still haven't started my Christmas cards or wrapped all my Christmas presents yet.  I have to get on that.  Maybe tomorrow I'll get a few more done? That's it for me.  Night!

No comments: