November 29, 2013


Friday - Rainy and snowy, cold

A pretty yuck day.

Got up this morning and had a pretty good time of it until I turned on my computer.  Things quickly devolved with the situation I mentioned yesterday and the upshot is that I and my friend have removed ourselves from the situation.  I wish I could say that I have no hard feelings but the sad fact of the matter is that I have many hard feelings.   I will not be able to completely withdraw from the situation until April, but after then I will make a decision on how I want to proceed with the organization that I am in.  

F called me when he was leaving work and asked if I wanted to go to the post office.  I did.  Luckily, I had wrapped my nephew's birthday presents in the afternoon, so I got really busy.  I scanned some postcards I was sending, gathered up the presents I was mailing and when F came, got him to help me carry them to the post office.  We had to buy a box to send some of them, but got it mostly filled up! We took ages in the post office but were quite organized and managed to send everything off tonight.  Whew.  Big relief.  

We bought a few groceries and came home for dinner.  I had things on the table fairly soon.  Tonight we had soup again, plus the leftover chicken.  I heated it tonight and made up a packet of gravy, so we had hot chicken sandwiches with soup.  Yum.  It was nice.  F did the dishes and then we decided to go out.  F wanted a massage, I wanted to get away from my computer.  When we got to the internet cafe all the karaoke boxes and the massaging chairs were in use, so we went somewhere else.  We went to the karaoke box near the grocery store and got a room.  We spent about 3 hours there singing away.  It was rather fun.  I did a bunch of my favourite songs, but the best was the first song I did.  They finally released Eartha Kitt's version of Santa Baby!  EXCELLENT!  It was lovely to do.  

And that's about that.  We came home around 2 and have been at our computers since then.  So, the day sucked in the middle, but I did get my first Christmas card of the year today, AND mailed off my big scary presents too, so…Yay! Anyway, I must get some sleep soon.  I have no idea where tomorrow will take me!  Got to go.  Night!

No comments: