November 9, 2013


Saturday - Sunny, coolish

An okay day.

I got up this morning to a quiet apartment.  F was up watching TV, but he had the volume really low and no lights on.  I did get up when my alarms went off, sat in the living room for a while at my computer, but then decided to go back to bed.  I was tired, hubby wasn't talking to me, and I had a headache.  

He came back for a snuggle, but got up again when he realized I really was planning on sleeping!  I got up around noon the next time.

We talked about our plans for the day.  We decided to go to Grado for brunch, then do a little Christmas shopping.  We both had nice meals at Grado. I had pork in a white wine vinegar sauce, F had fish.  The restaurant comped us a dessert to share because we give them my old newspapers.  Yay.

We shopped in the afternoon and went to a hardware store.  I got a few things for me, the apartment and for my brother in law there.  Then, we went to another shop and got something else for him, his "big" present.  I think it is rather nice.  So, one down, three and a half big presents to go!

We came home for a while and then went over to the mall in Mikawa.  We had dinner quite soon, we went to the soba/fish place.  F had something like a version of carbonara but with udon, I had an udon and mushroom tempura thing.  Mine was okay this time, last time I loved it.  

We hacked around the mall for a while, looking for presents or ideas and not finding any.  After a bit, we went to Baskin Robbins for ice cream.  That was a nice treat.

We went to see Carrie, the new version.  It was okay.  There were some points I liked more in this version, some points I didn't like as much as the original, but I don't want to spoil things for anyone who hasn't seen it yet.  F was a bit weirded out by it I think, even though I tried to prepare him for it.  

We came home and had a quiet evening in.  I tried to watch TV, but a storm kept knocking the channel out so it was too annoying to keep watching.  WOWOW has some weird thing going on tonight, so there wasn't any Project Runway. Sigh.

F went to bed early on, I'm still up, but must get to bed soon.  My headache is coming back so I obviously need some sleep.  That's it for me.  Not sure what I'll get up to tomorrow.  Wish me luck.  Night.

No comments: