December 27, 2013


Friday - Cold and windy, few flakes of snow

An okay day.

I woke up this morning but didn't feel very good.  I decided to stay in bed for a while longer and slept on.  I dragged myself out of bed finally, feeling a little better.  

I had breakfast and watched a bit of TV.  I read the paper, usual morning stuff. 

In the afternoon I scanned some cards I had written and then rode to the post office on my bicycle.  I mailed off my cards and then came home.  

When F came home he started watching boxing right away.  Urk.  I suggested dinner and so we got dressed and went out.  The first place I suggested was full, and so was the second.  I was fed up, so told F to just take me to the grocery store and I'd get food there.  That's what I did.  F hasn't been feeling well.  He didn't eat tonight, which worries me a bit.  

F watched more sports, then I watched some.  I've been watching my dumb but fun TV ever since!  

Not really sure what I'm going to do tomorrow, but I hope it'll be fun.  F was talking about going to the chiropractor.  That might be a good idea.  Come back tomorrow and I'll fill you in on the details! Night. 

Oh, before I go, here's some pictures of my new shrug.  It's very warm and snuggly.  


4 comments:

Rosa said...

Love the shrug--it's a really pretty color. Is there some sparkle to it? Or is it just the light (in the first photo)?

Helen said...

Thank you!

Yes, there is a sparkly metallic thread running through it. One of the reasons that I used it for this very plain pattern...it doesn't need a lot of help to look pretty!

Crafty Tokyo Mama said...

Love the glittery threads in the first picture. That is a very nice design and it looks great on you!

Helen said...

Thank you!

It's a free pattern from Lion Brand yarn. I just changed it from single crochet to half-double crochet and then followed their instructions until the yarn ran out.

Very simple honestly.