December 29, 2013


Sunday - Cold and snowy

A good day.

I slept in this morning as is my wont, then got up and made us some yummy mini-quiches in gyoza wrappers.  We had a delightful spread for brunch, including cheese, terrine and bread. With the mini-quiche and a pot of tea, brunch was great.

F had gone to his mother's early on and had taken her more bread.  She was doing better today.

We stayed home most of the day today.  Someone (not me) had to write nengajo, but someone (me) had to print them out first! We had a bit of trouble when we couldn't find the nengajo book, but it turned up eventually.  

One lovely thing about today was we got mail!  On a Sunday too.  We got a card from friends in Canada, and a box of presents from my sister.  They were great!  I got a dress and jeans, F got a lovely blanket and a great jacket.  

In the evening, F took a nap.  I was getting hungry so I wasn't best pleased, but I knew he was quite tired.  

He got up again after 9 pm and we went out.  I suggested a couple of places but when we were in the car, he suggested another one.  I was a bit surprised as it was a place he'd sworn never to go again. We went and had a decent meal at Pisolino, the Italian buffet place.  We both overate, and I've felt really uncomfortable ever since.  

At home again tonight I watched a bit of TV.  It was quite a quiet evening.  Nice, relaxing even.  

I'm not sure what tomorrow will bring.  I'd really like to get out of the apartment even though there is snow out there.  I'm not great at being cooped up all the time.  Come back tomorrow night and we'll see what happens.  Night!

No comments: