January 14, 2014


Tuesday - Sunny, with a bit of snow along the way

A good day!

I woke up when F popped back in from work, but I fell back asleep.  I woke up next when my alarm went off.  I had a few minutes before my bread was ready.  I got up and in a few minutes had some lovely smelling bread.  Which I never ate!

I had an early breakfast and took a shower, then watched the final Ugly Betty episode.  I really liked that show.  It was lightweight in some respects, but had some things that I admire it for.  

I got ready for going out and just before 1 pm I went outside and waited for my friend.  She picked me up and we had a lovely lunch in The Grand El Son.  I had pork with apple sauce, she had fish.  Both our meals were nice. 

After lunch we went to find a coffee shop, but it wasn't open when we got there. Instead, we went to McDonald and had some tea or coffee and chatted.  I got something serious off my chest and we had a really good discussion.

Too soon, she dropped me off back at my apartment and then was on her way.  I went into my apartment and then got busy!  I changed and went into the lobby and did some sweeping, as it is our turn to keep the common areas clean.  I hadn't done it earlier, but it wasn't bad really.  Then, I grabbed one of the snow "dumps" and took it out to F's parking space.  There wasn't a lot of snow there, but I wanted to get it out of the way.  Unfortunately, while I was handling the dump, I twisted my right thumb strangely and now it is really painful.  It's not easy to move it.

I went back in to the apartment when I finished and worked on my computer until F came home.  When he did he was a lot more cheerful than he'd been in weeks.  He was tired, but not so down in the dumps.  

We talked about dinner and he suggested Coco Ichibanya.  That was fine with me, and so we went there.  I had pork cutlet and veggies with my curry, F had chicken stew and spinach.  Mine was really good!

We bought a few groceries after dinner for tomorrow…it's going to be nabe!  The first time in ages that we've agreed on something to eat.  We came home and had a quiet evening in.  We didn't even turn on the TV until 11 for Criminal Minds.  

I did managed to do a little crochet during Criminal Minds, but not as much as I normally would.  It's surprising to me how much it actually hurts.  I'll have to rest up…I wonder if it will get me out of any jobs I don't like?

Tomorrow I have to book myself a place at the convention and then race to the post office to send the money!  Hopefully all will go well with that!  Wish me luck.  Got to go.  Night!

No comments: