January 28, 2014


Tuesday - Rainy and cold

A good day.

I woke up before my alarms today and rather than go back to bed I decided to get up and sleep on the couch.  My reasoning was that it would be less comfortable and I probably wouldn't sleep in quite as long.  Umm…didn't work!

I woke up, watched my show and had some breakfast, then got back to my postcards.  Today I wrote a couple more, then scanned them.  It took a while.  The weather was rainy so I decided to wait and see if the weather would improve before I went to the post office.  It didn't, so I didn't!  I did find another interesting movie on TV today.  It wasn't as high quality as yesterday's, but it was fun.  It was Wild Target with Bill Nighy, Emily Blunt and Rupert Grint. It was a silly piece about hitmen, but it was amusing.  

F was a little late, but not a lot. We didn't have food in the apartment, so we talked about going out.  For once, F made a suggestion and I didn't hate it, so we went to his restaurant.  We went to Hana, a fish restaurant.  It was pretty good tonight. I had Teriyaki Buri.  I liked it, but I wasn't a big fan of the teriyaki.  Still, the fish itself was good.  F had saba(mackerel) and cod soup.  We were both pleased with our meals.

We drove off and went and had a look at my ex-apartment/school. We couldn't tell if someone was in there or not.  It was only 7:30 and no lights were on.  Anyway, we went to the drugstore, the grocery store, the main post office to mail my cards and then back to the gas station.  F was going to let it slide till tomorrow, but I reminded him of what happened after the earthquake…no gas available.  I think it's better to get some before we run out.  

We came home and had a quiet evening.  I finished darning in the ends of my lap-rug finally.  It looks good. I'll try to photograph it tomorrow. 

That's about it for me for tonight.  If the weather holds tomorrow I'm going to try and go out.  I have a few errands that I'd like to get done.  Wish me well with that!  Night.

No comments: