February 17, 2014


Monday - Cold and snowy

A good day.

I woke up a little late today, but got up and checked my email.  I got dressed and started working on my soup.  Around 12, F phoned to say he was coming home and there he stayed!

He'd taken most of the day off and had gone to the doctor.  While he was relaxing on the couch, I was in the kitchen making soup.  I cut up the veggies and I poached the chicken.  I worked quite hard and watched a couple of movies on TV too.  One in particular was kind of fun, Safety Not Guaranteed

After a few hours, I left the soup to its own devices.  Then, I worked on scanning my cards.  I scanned the ones I was sending and I scanned the ones I have received recently.  It took a while, but I finally finished.  At that point, I headed off for the post office.  F offered to drive me, but I told him, quite truthfully, that I wanted the exercise.  It was cold out, but there wasn't much snow, so I rode my bike there and back.  I got us something to drink at a machine on the way back.

We had dinner around 6 pm.  We had soup and sandwiches.  The soup was good, but too new.  The veggies hadn't softened and the flavours hadn't melded yet.  I think it'll be better tomorrow.

We spent a quiet evening around the apartment.  It was really cold so we had to turn up the heater a bit.  I was sad about that, but it was me who was too cold.  

I went over to the couch for Under the Dome and started one of my scarf projects.  It's going well, but I wonder if it is okay. I'm half wondering if I should take it down and re-make it.  Maybe not!

Anyway, that's about it for me.  Tomorrow, F is back to work, but we've had a little bit of snow.  We are forecast to have a lot more snow in the next couple of days. I really hope they are wrong about it.  Talk to you tomorrow.  Night!

No comments: