February 28, 2014


Friday - cloudy but clear

A good day.  I got up this morning and had breakfast and watched my show.  After that, I took a shower.

When I finished my shower and was dressed, I took the monthly city magazine that we get and distributed them around our apartment building. I had inadvertently worn my glasses, so I hung them from one of my shirt pockets.  When I came out of the other building, I swung around and my glasses flew out of my pocket and landed on the ground.  They chipped at the very bottom of my left lens.  I am so annoyed.  I can see the chip when I'm wearing them, but I know it could have been worse.

I came in the apartment and got ready to watch the NHK movie.  Today they put on Fried Green Tomatoes.  I'm a big fan of Mary Stuart Masterson so it was lovely to see it again.  

I finally buckled down and finished my column.  I wrote it, and then I edited it, and then I edited it again.  Then I sent it!  I got a notice a few hours later that it hadn't gone through yet, so I re-sent it via another email account.

When F came home, I cooked dinner.  We had garlic chicken courtesy of a packet mix in the grocery store.  It was good, but not great.  In the end it seemed like a lot of work for a little pay-off.  We also had salad and some stir-fried broccolini that I overcooked unfortunately.  Sigh.  

F did the dishes and we had a quiet evening in.  We watched a Japanese show on the Dewa Shonai mountains (our local attraction) and even though I didn't understand it, it was incredibly beautiful.  

I watched a few TV shows tonight and wrote my last Area Report.  It was a little bittersweet, but fine really.  

And that's about that.  I managed to meet my deadline.  Tomorrow is the real deadline, but when F is around I am not able to do any real writing and we have plans for tomorrow.  We are hoping to go to the mall and catch the English showing of The Hobbit 2.  Wish us luck with that.  Night.

No comments: