April 9, 2014


Wednesday - Sunny and warm

A good day.

I got up a little after 9 and then decided to take a shower right away.  When I came back it was nearly time for Friends.  I watched that, Charmed and then The Walking Dead.  It was the freaky-deaky one where the ranch gets over-run.  Even though it was morning and light out it was still creepy.  


In the afternoon I watched Shameless and then went out.  I biked to Kappa Sushi for a quick, late lunch, then on to Tokai and then the drugstore.  I got a few things and then came home afterwards.  

F finished work at the right time tonight, so I didn't have much chance to get things prepped before he arrived.  I worked on the batter for dinner, got it ready, let it rest, and did a bunch of other things too.  

Finally it was time to put it in the oven and cross my fingers that everything would turn out okay.  I had to get on with other things anyway. I made gravy (from a packet) and sauteed some mushrooms too.  

The toad-in-the-hole looked great.  It stuck to the muffin tins however, but tasted good.  Everything went well, F and I didn't argue and dinner was a hit.  In fact, a couple of hours after dinner, I cooked the rest of the batter as Yorkshire pudding and we had that too.  It was yummy!

The dishes were done by a combo of F and me, and we had a quiet evening in.  I spent a lot of time on Pinterest looking for hairstyles and stuff!  

And that was my day.  Oh, below, I'll post a couple of Toad-in-the-hole photos, so have a look!  Tomorrow, F is off work, so I'm not quite sure what I'll get up to.  Come back and find out.  Night!



6 yummy toad-in-the-holes
Extreme close-up!




No comments: