May 10, 2014


Saturday - Sunny and warm

A good day!

I got up a little late this morning.  F had already started working on his project and I didn't want to disturb him.  That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!

I finally got up, took a shower and then made the bed.  I spent most of the rest of the day at my computer!  But I've been busy, really.

In the morning I made us some of my new tea from Niigata.  This morning's was Caramel Tea and it was very nice.  I also toasted some of F's bread for us.  After another hour or so, we went out for lunch at Grado.

Grado was nice.  I took a bunch of newspapers in and they gave us a dessert plate to share.  Yay!  I'm ahead of myself though.  I had their meat special, which was really nice.  Today it was roasted chicken with roasted new potatoes in a basil sauce.  Very nice.  The potatoes and the chicken were crispy…I was pleased.  F had pasta, he had bacon and new onion pasta.  I forget what kind of sauce it was, but it was tomato based.  I tasted it and liked it, but I wouldn't have been able to eat a lot because of the tomato sauce.  

After lunch, we came home!  After a little rest, F went back to his apartment paperwork.  Poor thing.  

We went out for dinner after 7 pm.  The first place we tried to go was closed, so was our second!  We ended up going to a Japanese restaurant based in a house.  We had to sit on the floor which was a bit "meh" for me, but really it wasn't bad.  We got a lot of food and thankfully it was well cooked.  We both had meal sets, I had chicken cutlet and F had ginger pork.  He changed our miso soup to takenoko soup…it's in season now.  I liked it a lot.  

After dinner we came home.  I watched some TV. I kept it low and F said he didn't care because when he's doing Japanese paperwork he can't understand English!

This afternoon and part of the evening, I remade one of the bags that I've been working on.  I realized that I just hated it!  Well, sort of.  It was supposed to be a beach bag, but it was grey and purple…not very beach-y colours, so I tried making up another, similar bag in stronger colours and I really like it. It's also going much faster as it is a little smaller.  

I have also been printing papers for F.  He needs to take a sheaf of papers with him tomorrow night.  

I feel a bit sorry for him. He's been working on these paper all day and doesn't know if and when he'll be able to sleep.  The good thing is that he should be passing this job off to someone else tomorrow and won't have to worry about it again for a while. It better be a long while!

That's about it for me.  I'm getting tired and I really should get some sleep.  I hope F will be able to sleep soon too.  I'm off now.  Night!

No comments: