May 28, 2014


Wednesday - Hot and Sunny-Gorgeous day!

A good day!

I got up early this morning.  Surprisingly early to be honest.  I took an early shower and even watched Bewitched too.  Charlie's Angels was in Hawaii today…it was funny seeing how blotched and sunburnt everyone was! And surprisingly on Charmed, one of the guests was Amy Adams, the future multiple Academy Award nominee!

I did my usual things, did a little crafting, and even had a bit of lunch.  At a little after 2:00 pm I went out.  I rode out to the Machinakine Theater and got lost!  Seriously, I went down the wrong road and wasn't sure where I was.  I found myself soon enough, but it was funny.  I stopped into a bakery for a few things to eat and then went on.  

I went to see One Chance, the bio film of Paul Potts.  He was the Britain's Got Talent star whose audition for that show became a YouTube sensation.  For a lowish budget show, I really enjoyed it.  One of my favourite things was that this was real people.  Not just real because this was a true story, but real in that they weren't spies, or police or crooks.  Anyway, it was fun, the music was great too.

I came straight home afterwards and oiled my bike when I arrived. Yay me.  F called a little later to say he was on the way so I made a pot of peach oolong tea to have in the evening.  I also made a start on dinner.  Even though F offered to cook it, I did it tonight.  

I made curry.  I know, no big whoop, but it was my first time in a long time.  I found a recipe for it in a Japanese Cook Book and basically followed it with a few additions.  I had mine on pasta, F had his on rice, and even had two bowls!  That surprised me.  It was good.  There's a bit leftover too, so I might have it for lunch tomorrow.  Might. 

In the evening I finished up my hot pad and worked on my shawl.  I did a couple of rows of that.  It's going well too.  I'm just wondering if I'll actually make the whole thing of if I'll run out of yarn first!

And that was my day.  It was pretty good.  I probably won't get up so early tomorrow, at least I hope not, but it did seem to give me a bit of energy.  I'm not sure what I'll get up to tomorrow, perhaps a bit of crafting.  Come back and see!  That's it for me.  Night.

No comments: