June 1, 2014


Sunday - Sunny and hot

A good and bad day.

F and I went to bed very, very late last night.  I went to bed at 4 or so, and so did he.  F got up a couple of hours later to go out and cut grass behind the apartments.  I thought he was crazy, but good for him.  

He didn't go back to sleep afterwards, he sat on the couch and played on his computer until I got up.  

We didn't have a good morning because someone was in a bad mood.  He kept whining about going out for lunch. I just wasn't that hungry and would have preferred staying home and having my nice soup and his fresh bread but that wasn't an option apparently.  Sigh.  

F wanted to go to the same restaurant that we went to last week on Sunday but I said no.  Then he got mad.  Honestly, another fish restaurant?  Please! We went to a farmer's style restaurant out of town a bit.  F had a ramen set for lunch (hated it…what else is new?) and I had two side dishes, grilled chicken and french fries.  I loved mine.  There was just enough food, not too much like the day before.  

After lunch we came home and F went and had a nap for a couple of hours.  He deserved it, and needed it.  

When he woke up,  we drove out to Mikawa Mall and bought our tickets to see the movie.  It was the first of the month so the price was a bit lower, yay.

Then we had a quick bite to eat at the fast food place.  I wanted to just share an okonomiyaki, but F bought and shared some yakisoba too.  It was good, but….

We went to see X-Men: Days of Future Past and I loved it. What can I say?  I'm a huge X-Men fan and this one had almost all of the characters that I love in it, the story-line was interesting and besides…Wolverine! It was really nice to have a thoughtful movie with lots of action and bad-assery.  

After the movie, we bought a few groceries in the Mall, then came home.  We'd bought things for a late dinner, so had some yakitori and sushi.  It was nice and light…probably the best meal all weekend!

F took himself off to bed early for a change and I'm up blogging and internetting as usual.  I'm really looking forward to having some time alone tomorrow.  I have oodles of things to do and I'm running out of time to do it in.  Come back tomorrow night and find out what I get up to.  Night.

4 comments:

Rosa said...

Good to hear the X-Men movie is worth watching. Maybe I'll see it when the crowds here calm down about it. Went to see Godzilla finally. The monsters are great, the actors are only so-so!

Helen said...

I was quite pleased with it. It had battles, but not the uber-battle that ends soooo many of the recent comic book movies.

Do you do Facebook? I started a movie page if you are interested in seeing my reviews....
www.facebook.com/stellastarstruk

Godzilla hasn't opened here yet...I'll probably see it when it does.

Rosa said...

I don't facebook, sadly. Do you publish your reviews anywhere else online?

Helen said...

Not really. I write a column every other month for a women's group, but it isn't available to non-members. Oh well, you probably get the idea whether I like a movie or not from what I write in my regular blog!