July 21, 2014


Monday - Hot and sunny

A very good day.

I got up around 9 this morning, which surprised my husband.  Last night, my dear husband wanted to know if he should try and wake me up in the morning.  I rather indignantly told him that I could and would wake up myself!  He didn't believe me.

I took a quick shower and then checked my email and my social media sites.  I watched the end of Charlie's Angels and then at 10:30 I watched Charmed.  After that, I got dressed and waited for my friend.  

She came with her son and the four of us drove off to Fireball.  We had a good meal there.  My friend and her son had pizza and F and I had pasta.  Of course we all shared and had some of each others.  We chatted and watched the little guy and had fun.  

After lunch we spent a few minutes letting my friend's son play on the slide and play house outside the restaurant, then we drove over to city hall.  We parked our cars and then went over to the Chidokan museum.

The Chidokan is an old Samurai school and it has some artifacts and old buildings to look at.  It was free and it wasn't busy, so it was a pretty good place to bring a little boy with lots of energy.  He didn't bother people there and he could run around on the grounds, and wouldn't hurt anything.  

After we saw enough at the Chidokan, we decided to go to McDonalds for a drink, so headed over there.  We sat at a table and chatted and were glad that we were out of the sun for a while.  

After that, it was time to go our separate ways.  F and I came home and F took a nap.  He was quite tired.  I read my book and relaxed.  

In the evening, F and I went out for dinner. I didn't want much, so we went to a Taiwanese restaurant and had hiyashi chuka.  I quite enjoyed it. I had mine with chicken on it.  

When we had finished eating, we went over to the MaxValu and bought groceries for tomorrow.  I'm hoping/planning to make a big salad with Grilled Chicken on top of it.  I'm hoping that it'll be good.  Fingers crossed. 

I'm not sure what else I'll get up to tomorrow.  I had a great day today, and a really nice weekend.  Woot!  Come back tomorrow and I'll fill you in on all the scuttlebutt.  Night!

No comments: