July 5, 2014


Saturday - Sunny and warm

A good day. 

I had a pretty good day.  Hurray for that.  I got up before my alarm, F was already out at his dentist and I watched a little TV then relaxed for a bit.  When F came home we chatted and I suggested having leftovers from last night as our lunch.  He thought it was a good idea and then I went and took a sort of nap on the bed.  I wasn't really sleeping, I was just enjoying the cool breeze coming in the window.

Around 12 I got up again, dressed and then set the table so we could do the pizzas.  We each did a pizza and they were great.  I had zucchini and tomatoes, cheese, bacon and garlic on mine, F had something similar, but not quite.  He did the dishes and we chatted and relaxed for a while.

Before 3 pm, F went out to take his mother shopping.  He was gone for a while.  When he came back we had more downtime.  I suggested going to F's choice for lunch, Kintaro Sushi for dinner.  It was a pretty good idea.  The prices are the same for lunch and dinner and it wasn't too filing.  

After our dinner we headed out to Mikawa Mall and checked on the movie time. We were a bit early so we went to the hardware store and got a few necessaries for the apartment.  We put them in the car and then went to the mall.  We had a drink at Seattle's Best and then went up to the theatre.  We bought our tickets to Maleficent, then our popcorn and drinks.  

We went into the theatre and saw the film.  I really liked it.  Angelina Jolie was great! It was very well done, the story built very well until just a bit before the end.  There were a few problems with the story, but over all it was a very interesting take on the story of Sleeping Beauty!

After the movie we drove back to Tsuruoka and visited the grocery store.  F needed something.  After that we came home.  There were hardly any programs on TV in English…not sure what gives on a Saturday night.  

F went to bed a little while ago, but I stayed up.  I'm watching White Collar and blogging.  I should go to bed soon.  I'm not sure what we'll get up to tomorrow.  I don't really have any plans for the day, hopefully a bit of shopping , but anything would be fine.  I should get to bed soon.  Night!

3 comments:

Orchid64 said...

If you see a version of "White Collar" with Japanese subtitles, one of my students did that (and I helped her!). :-)

Helen said...

I'm sorry Orchid64, I don't really understand your comment! What did your student do?

I was watching the late night version so it did have English subtitles, but I ignored them!

Helen said...

The penny dropped, I think...do you mean that she did the subtitles to White Collar? Cool!

I had a friend who used to translate Star Trek: DS9 scripts for a Japanese magazine, but she'd never actually watched the show! I wasn't sure how that was possible.

And I goofed above...I didn't watch the "Japanese" subtitles. Sorry to your student!