August 14, 2014

Thursday - Cloudy at first, hotter later on.

A bad day at first, got better

When I got up this morning, I was basically ignored.  I got dressed and went for a walk to the park.  I did take out the garbage on the way.  Yay me.

It took a long time and a lot of fighting before F asked me if I'd like him to drive me to Sakata.  I said yes and we went.  The matsuri was smaller than I expected and my friend had nearly sold out of her sandwiches, but she let us have a couple and we had some of her yummy tea.  We had our food and then were able to have a chat with my friend.  It wasn't fair to monopolize her, so we went into the big department store nearby and did a little shopping.

We went to the top floor and had lunch.  It was a Japanese udon and soba shop, but it was okay.  I had a salad udon, F had a salad soba.  We were quite friendly by this point.

We went through the store, I looked at the hundred yen shop there, we wandered down the floors. On the way out, I looked at hats, but they were too expensive.  In the foyer of the shop, they had a hat sale on and I looked.  I got a hat, for a reasonable price, and could have bought a couple more…but when do ladies wear hats these days except for summer sun?  F suggested getting a drink so we went to a gelato place and had a gelato.  It was rhubarb flavoured, but the rhubarb was so light I couldn't really tell that that is what it was.  

F drove me back to Tsuruoka, even though I offered to take the train back.  He got a call on the way from his party people and they were wondering where he was.  He was with me!  

He dropped me off at S-Mall and I went shopping, he went back to his party.  I didn't buy much. I toured the hundred yen shop, found a liner for my hat that is supposed to stop sweat staining the inside. I had a sandwich at Doutors along with some tea and a bit of my book.  Then, I went to Subway and got a sandwich to bring home with me!  So, if you're counting, that is in fact 3 sandwiches I had today.  And they were good!!!

I walked home. It was hot and humid outside and my feet were starting to hurt.  It only took about 15 minutes so it really wasn't that bad, but when I came in I closed the window and turned on the air conditioner and had about 3 cups of water immediately!  I was tired.

I dozed a little and watched TV.  A little after 7:00 F called to say he was on his way too.  That surprised me!  When he came home he did offer to take me out tonight for dinner, but I told him I had brought my sandwich home.  He went out again to get something, then came back and made his dinner. I ate my sandwich.  It was nama ham and mascarpone, and it was lovely.  So nice.  That might be one of my favourite ones to eat cold.

We had a quiet night in.  I watched my Thursday night TV, F didn't object. I'm actually quite tired from all of the walking I did and the heat.  It's so draining in summer.  

It didn't start well today, but I'm happy to say that it ended much better.  That's it for me.  Night. 

No comments: