August 19, 2014


Tuesday - Hot and muggy.

An okay day.

I got up this morning, got dressed quickly and went out for my walk. I even got my iPod to work this morning so I was rather pleased. There was a bit of excitement on my way though, I noticed that there was a bicycle vs. van accident near the park.  There's a bad corner and cars (and bikes to be fair) zip around it.  I think they must have collided.  I saw the bike off the side of the road and the front tire was bent out of shape.  The people were standing by on the road and seemed okay.  I minded my own business as much as possible and then went on my way.  I walked a couple of times around the park today, but it was so hot it wasn't really pleasant.  Still, the music was good, so I managed.  

I left the park after 20 or so minutes.  An ambulance had arrived for the guy, I'm hoping it was just a precaution.  

I had a quiet day at home for the most part.  I did some laundry, watched some telly, scanned a lot of cards too.  Around 5 pm I biked off to the post office to mail my postcards.  I went there and back in less than 10 minutes…pretty good eh?

F came home a little bit later, and a little bit after that I made dinner.  Tonight we had chicken fajitas, and they were gorgeous.  Really yummy.  Sadly we couldn't find limes the other day, but the lemon wasn't too bad as a replacement.  

F did the dishes tonight and we settled in for a quiet evening.  I watched The X-Files  (oh how I love saying that!) and a few other shows.  I even allowed F to watch some Japanese TV! 

Today was good, except I had to turn on the air conditioner much earlier than usual.  It was so muggy and unpleasant.  I am hoping that tomorrow will be a bit cooler or less humid.  I'm thinking about going out for a haircut tomorrow, but I won't hold my breath. It depends if get organized or not!  

Come back tomorrow night and see what I get up to.  Night. 

2 comments:

Rosa said...

Hi Helen,

Good on you for sticking to your daily walk. I'm trying like crazy to get some exercise, but it is a hard habit to pick up.

Helen said...

Thank you! I've only been doing it for a week, but it is so nice to get out of the apartment. I bribe myself that if I go out and I'm not enjoying it, I can come back after 10 minutes, but I'm at the park by then, so why not just keep going?

It's still awfully hot and humid though. I carry a water bottle and drink every couple of minutes.