August 30, 2014


Saturday - Cloudy and then sunny.  

A nice day.

I got up this morning in time to watch Gordon Ramsay.  After that, I headed back to bed for a nap.  I had a lovely nap.

After a while I got up and F & I went to lunch.  He suggested a couple of nice places and then suggested Simon.  We went there and it was lovely.  We both had the same thing, hamburg with vegetable sauce.  We had soup, and a squid salad and a few other things with it, plus I had a bun and tea.  I really enjoyed it.  

When we finished lunch we headed over to the bike shop.  Since my tire blew yesterday F & I were talking about whether I should get a new bike or not.  I don't really need one, but F told me his cunning plan tonight.  He is thinking to get me a new bike and he'd use mine.  His bike isn't that great, and mine is, so it wouldn't be a bad thing really.  I'm looking at a bike catalogue and trying to decide if there's a new one I want.  We just popped in quickly to see if he had a tire for my bike.

We continued to the Mall.  We got something for F at the hundred yen shop, and then had a drink at Doutor.  

We came home for a bit.  F took my bike over to the bike shop and then he started to cut the grass around the apartment.  He was outside for a while, so I did a lot on my computer and watched a bit of TV.

F took a rest and then walked back to the bike shop and brought my bike back.  He said that just one tire was replaced and it cost about 4000 yen.  I should be good to go for a while.  

We talked about dinner.  F suggested yakitori, so we went to the place we both like.  We had a nice meal there.  It was quite busy, though, so food took a long time to arrive. 

I needed something a little lighter after I finished eating all that meat, so we went to the grocery store for some salad and other stuff.  I came home and got ready for tomorrow, then ate my salad.  Yum!

Tomorrow I am heading off with a friend to Koriyama to meet up with a few other ladies who are married to Japanese men. I have to get up very early on a Sunday (for me it's early!) as we have a very long drive ahead of us!  Ack.  

So, that's it for me.  I hope to update tomorrow night, but if I don't, I'll see you in September.  Night.

No comments: