August 31, 2014


Sunday - Mostly sunny, some rain in the early evening

A good day.

I got up this morning around 7 and took a shower.  I dressed and checked email, and made myself ready for my trip.  My friend came on time and we began the long drive to Koriyama in Fukushima.

We made pretty good time and arrived about when we hoped we would.  We had a really great afternoon.

We had a lovely meal at Angelo's, a Koriyama Italian restaurant and bakery, then we all walked around the park.  When we did that, we came back into the restaurant's tea shop and had tea and cake.  It was very nice.

Sadly, we had to break up our little party as it was time to head home.  We had a long, long trip home.  We started out, managed to get on the highway fairly easily and then that was when the weather changed.  It had been hot and sunny, but then it became rainy.  However, we managed to outrun the storm and turning back on to the Yamagata Highway took us out of the worst of the traffic and weather.

We had an okay dinner at Sagae in the rest-stop and I picked up a little souvenir for my husband.  Then, it was back on the road.  I got home a bit before 9 pm, and my friend a few minutes later.  

Although it was a long car-ride to get there, it was a great afternoon, and really spiritually refreshing to meet up with other ladies and just have fun and great talks.  

F was glad to see me, and his souvenirs, and I was glad to relax.  We had some tea and after a bit I watched a little TV, and F went to bed.  

No idea what I'll get up to tomorrow.  I hope it's fun though!  I've got to go.  Night!

No comments: