September 11, 2014


Thursday - Warm and sunny

A good day.  I got up this morning mostly on time, got dressed and went for a walk.  It was great.  It was still cool from all of the rain we had last night.  I didn't realize when I updated my list of music that  three Barenaked Ladies songs had found their way onto the list, so I was pleasantly surprised.

I came home and did most of my usual morning things except I ate breakfast a little earlier and I started crocheting a granny square.  I fell asleep however right at the end of the show.  Sigh.  Guess I'm not going to bed early enough! 

I got a call from F inviting me out for lunch.  I told him that we had lots of leftovers, so I'd rather eat them.  He still wanted to come home for lunch, so he brought a bento.  In the meantime, I took a quick shower.

F came, we had tea and he ate.  I wasn't ready yet.  After he left, I watched a bit of TV and did some stuff on my computer.  Around 2:30 I had my lunch and it was yummy. I had leftovers and they were delicious.  

I scanned some of my incoming cards in the afternoon so that I could make entries to my Postcard Blog in the evening.  It took a little bit of time, but went well.  I uploaded the scans to Postcrossing and to my blog.  

A little before F came home I went into the kitchen and started dinner.  I wasn't sure how it would work out.  I cut up a cucumber that F had brought home, washed the mushrooms, and then he was home!  I began cooking dinner.  Tonight we had pasta with a bought sauce, which I added ground chicken and the mushrooms too.  We had a side salad and cucumber sticks too. It got rave reviews from F…and I liked it a lot too!

F did the dishes and I watched telly.  Tonight was a big night and I watched The X-Files (with Donnelly Rhodes and Michael Horse), then House and BonesBones was a really good one….I was in tears at the end.  It's been a bit that kind of day.  A friend of mine has just lost her mother, today was my mother's birthday, and so when a character died, they had a memorial for him and I just couldn't help it.

Anyway, it was a quiet except for the TV kind of night, but a fairly good one.  Tomorrow I hope to get packed and finish getting ready for our trip!  Wish me luck with that.  I'd also really like to go out for a little bit so that I can relax and have a little me-time.  But, it might not happen.  I'm also cooking dinner again and hoping that we'll eat everything so there won't be leftovers in the fridge for that long!  Gotta go.  Night!

No comments: