September 12, 2014


Friday - Cooler, cloudy and then very rainy

A good day.

I got up this morning a little after 8 and got dressed and went out to the park.  For the first time in forever (isn't that from a song??) it was cool this morning.  Also, when I finished my first lap I discovered that they'd cut the grass in part of the park, which my nose didn't really like. From then on I did a modified walk around the park, but did put in my 30 minutes today. Yay me.

I came home, sweated a lot, and watched my shows.  Then I had breakfast, and read the paper.  I made the bed, showered and got dressed and on with my day.  I washed my walking clothes so they'd be clean to come back to.  Yay me.

I had a good afternoon, I received 4 postcrossing cards today too, 3 of which were from the US.  That was a nice surprise.  I readied a bunch of clothes for my trip, although I didn't pack them yet. 

When F called, I started getting dinner ready.  We had a really nice meal, but it was sort of a "clean out the fridge one"!  We had fried potatoes, chicken wings, soup and salad, plus bread and a tortilla.  F was quite happy with today's meal too.  I had better be careful or it'll go to my head!

After dinner I started packing.  I think I did well.  I made up outfits from the clothes I planned to take and made sure I had all the pieces I needed.  One sad thing though, I was going to pack my Ecco sandals when I discovered that their bottoms were cracked and really worn.  The tops still look great.  I could probably still wear them, but I'd hate them to break while I'm away.  I've had them for years and I love them.  I wonder if I can get a similar pair?

Around 11 I put on the Meryl Streep/Tommy Lee Jones movie Hope Springs.  I really liked it.  It was deeper than the usual Hollywood marriage movie, and it was about a couple…no affairs, no baddies…no car chases.  I laughed and cringed a lot at it as I could see things that happen in my marriage too. 

Anyway, I think I'm finally done packing.  I have a book for the trip, a craft, some letter writing paper, some addresses for postcards, so I should be set.  Should be!  I have my passport and my residence card too.  Okay, well then, I'm off.  We'll go to Yamagata tomorrow night and then fly to Guam on Sunday.  We should be back home on Friday, so expect an update on Saturday probably.  Wish us luck?  Night!

No comments: