September 27, 2014


Saturday - Warm and sunny

An interesting day!

I got up this morning around 9:30. I had woken up a little earlier but had gone back to sleep as I was really tired. I made the bed and watched Nigel Slater.  

After my show I decided to vacuum the apartment, so I did that.  There is still a lot of curry powder in the bag, so everywhere I went with the vacuum I could smell curry!  I was about to get dressed when F came home.  

We watched a bit of TV and then went out for lunch.  I chose Patio in the mall. I had a discount coupon plus I needed to get a new watch battery.  We put my watch in to the shop and then went upstairs for lunch.  I enjoyed lunch, F not so much.  

After lunch, we picked up my watch, had a look at the lovely handmade Persian rugs that were on display in the mall (a small, square rug about a foot square was around 20,000 yen).  If I was rich I might get one, but frankly, I'm not, so I won't! 

Then, we drove to AU, the cellphone company where we spent the rest of the afternoon.  Really.  I won't go into everything, but I am now the proud and slightly bewildered owner of an iPhone.  I don't really know how to use one, but it would have been so convenient to have an iPhone when I was stuck in Tokyo for an extra day this winter.  

After we finished in the store, we came home for a little while, then went out again for dinner.  We went out without a plan really, and ended up at F's favourite fish restaurant.  They were still open and we went there.  We had a fabulous meal, it was really good. We had all kinds of fish, cooked and uncooked, and just enjoyed ourselves.  

We came home around 9:30 and have spent the last few hours trying to set up our iPhones!  It's harder than I thought it would be.  I think it'll take a bit of time, plus I have to do a bit of research I think.  

Anyway, it was a good day today.  Not sure what's going to happen tomorrow.  We hope that things will go well.  Come back tomorrow night and find out.  Night!

2 comments:

Usman Makhdoom said...

I had to smile when I read about your being bewildered over the iPhone.

A decade and a half ago you were a PS2 early-adopter and were playing the hell out of The Bouncer ;)

Take care Helen

Helen said...

I'm doing much better with my iPhone now. It was just too new on Saturday and I hadn't even received my first call yet!

I still have a lot to learn, but I have got a few things working now!

Thanks for commenting :-)