October 10, 2014


Friday - Cloudy, then sunny and cool.

A good day.

I got up this morning about 3 minutes before F came home for a quick visit.  He came to pick something up, then left right away.  

I had a quiet morning, I watched some TV and then turned off the set for most of the afternoon.  I decided to finally bite the bullet and I called the Apple Store to order my computer.  Unfortunately their English speaker was busy and they had to call me back!  

Anyway, I ordered it finally.  Done.  Yay!  It isn't here yet and won't be for a bit, but I'm pleased to have done it.  After all, I've put it off as long as I can, I'm not going home this year because I can't afford both a trip home and a computer, so really…it is time.  

I scanned a few cards and then went off to the bank and the convenience store. I paid for my computer and then went back to McDonalds and had a drink and a burger while I read my Journal.  I didn't read it all yet, but I got a start on it.  Yay for me.

I came home and watched something I taped yesterday then watched a couple of shows today. F called to say he was on his way home and when he arrived I got started on dinner.  Dinner was quite simple tonight.  We had salad, spaghetti carbonara with extra bacon and some of F's nice onion bread.  For dessert he peeled a pear for us.  It really was a nice meal and came together quite fast.  

This evening has been rather quiet.  I actually let F have the TV for a couple of hours because I felt guilty about last night's hogging of it.  He watched news and something that wasn't terribly annoying so yay him.

Anyway, I'm not sure what we'll get up to this weekend. It's a long weekend and F is off on Monday.  In Canada it is Thanksgiving (I was my sister's last year to celebrate it) on Monday, but I don't know if we'll do anything for it here.  I sort of hope so!

That's it for me.  I'll try and chat to you tomorrow.  Got to go.  Night!

No comments: