October 12, 2014


Sunday - Sunny and warm

A good day.

I tried to get up early today. I was later than I planned, but earlier than usual, so not too bad really! I took a quick shower and then F and I drove off to Sakata to see the car show.

We parked near City Hall and walked over to the show.  We looked at a lot of cars.  I'm a little bored by cars, but some were quite cool.  F was happy to see vehicles from his youth.  We stopped in to visit with a friend of mine who had a food stall (and had a sarnie and tea) then looked at even more cars.  
Not sure that I'd like this particular paint job!


This car looks about my speed.

We had a nice lunch at a poshish restaurant in the big department store in the middle of Sakata.  F had local pork sauteed, I had Eisbein, which technically should be made with pork hocks.  It was quite nice, but the sauerkraut was very mild. I'm a bit glad as I'm not a huge fan of sauerkraut, but wonder how I'd like it if it was more authentic.  Lunch was okay, but I'm thinking that I might like to try something else next time.

We walked back to the car and drove back to Tsuruoka.  We came home for a few minutes and then headed out again to the Internet Cafe.  Tonight though, we were going for karaoke!  We were lucky enough to get a room, although it was a smoking room.  We sang for 3 hours, and even had dinner there.  I was quite pumped as they have just added Shakin' Stevens to their lists of songs.  Yay!

We came home after our time was up and spent a quiet evening at home.  F has just gone to bed. He has to go over to his mother's in the morning and then I'm not sure what we'll do for the rest of the day.  

Come back tomorrow and see what I get up to!  Night.

No comments: