October 14, 2014


Tuesday - Rainy

Started as a good day, then became a bit of a downer.

I got up this morning because I knew that part of my computer would be delivered.  I didn't want to go to the door in my pyjamas!  It did arrive, but it was around 10:30 or so.

Around 10:50, F popped in for a quick visit. He invited me out for lunch, but I was going to start working on dinner, so I refused him.  

I started working on the soup. I washed, peeled, cut up veggies and then meat.  It took a while, but I thought it would be worth it.  I watched the Christmas episode of Call the Midwife while I did that.  

Finally I was done the soup. I put the lid on and let my slow cooker do all the work. I had some breakfast finally.  Yes, it was the afternoon, but so what!

I had a quiet afternoon at home.  I didn't get too much accomplished sad to say. I did have lunch around 4 though.  It wasn't a great one, just some bread.

F came home around 5:30 tonight and I seasoned the soup and let it simmer for a bit longer.  Around 6:30 I dished it out and we had dinner.  The soup was good.  We both had a couple of bowls of the soup with F's lovely pain de compagne.  I cleared the table and left F with the dishes.

Later tonight I went into the kitchen and discovered that F was soaking some dishes and towels in bleach in the sink.  One of the dishes was my crockpot insert.  I was furious.  I asked him about it and he said that I should soak it in bleach.  Since I think that bleach is disgusting and ruins the way things work, I think it is highly unlikely.  Also, it is MY crockpot that I bought with MY money, so I don't know why he did that.  In fact, a few years ago he wouldn't even wash it because we fought about it.  

I basically couldn't talk to him for the rest of the night.  He'd ask me something, but I gave him the shortest possible answer I could.  I don't want to start a war, but I'm getting rather annoyed by him thinking that bleach is the way to go with things in the kitchen.  Not with me it isn't.  And then, a little before he went to bed, he chose to grill the rest of that awful fish and now the living room reeks again. 

That's about it for me.  I didn't go out today, so I wrote up some postcrossing cards tonight.  That should force me to go out tomorrow!  I'll have to mail them after all.  Talk to you tomorrow. Night!

No comments: