October 6, 2014


Monday - Rainy and cold

A good day.  I got up a bit after 9 and came through to the living room to watch Charlie's Angels and then Charmed.  F was going to take me to the doctor.  He got a bit annoyed with me when he found out that the doctor's hours were different than he thought, but we decided to try it anyway!

We drove over there and were able to get in to see the doctor in a few minutes.  He did at least listen to me and try to figure out what it was, but didn't tell me anything.  He gave me the big warming sticky plasters that they like so much over here. Sigh.  Like that'll work.  

We had lunch at a very posh (and expensive) Italian restaurant.  The food was very good, but we were a bit too cramped to really have a great time.  I had linguini with basil sauce, F had pasta with clams and tomatoes.  They were both good.

After lunch we went to Yamaya, the foreign import store.  I got a few thing, including my couscous.  Yay!  We also got a packet of Greek style couscous, on sale, so I'll be interested in trying that one.

We spent the rest of the afternoon in the Internet Cafe.  We got massaging chairs and were able to relax for a while.  It was nice.  We stayed there for four hours today.  The weather was bad outside, so it was nice to just veg out.

We had dinner at a sushi restaurant tonight, but not our usual one.  We went to the expensive one, Kantaro.  The sushi was good and we had a nice dinner.

We came home via the grocery store and got food for a couple of nights.  Tomorrow night we'll have a nabe, Wednesday it'll be chicken and vegetables I think. 

We had a quiet evening at home.  I was planning to watch a new show on TV….Let me explain.  I was reading the newspaper today at the Internet Cafe and on the front page of the ENGLISH newspaper there was an advertisement in ENGLISH for the show Person of Interest on BS-FUJI.  Now, with all that English, wouldn't you think the show would be broadcast in English?  It wasn't.  I wrote a comment on the network's Facebook page and tried to comment on their homepage too.  

That's about it for today really.  Except my nose is running…so I have probably caught a cold.  Bugger!  This change in the weather is most likely to blame.  

Tomorrow I'm not sure what I'll get up to. It depends how I feel in all honesty.  Talk to you then. Night.

No comments: