November 12, 2014

Wednesday - Cloudy and rainy

A good day.

This was a really quiet day today.  I got up, watched some TV, had breakfast, read the paper, and then did a bunch of laundry.  

In the afternoon I watched a bit of TV, did more laundry and folded up my clean clothes.  I had lunch, which was really nice today.  I made a type of quesadilla and it was great!  So delicious.  

In the later afternoon, getting on for evening, I started to look at the veggie I had bought for dinner.  I had found Swiss Chard in the grocery store for the first time ever, so had to prepare it.  My mum used to grow it, but I had no idea how she cooked it.  Come to think of it, I might not have even eaten it back then!  Anyway, I found a good recipe and printed it out.

F came home and I kicked dinner prep into higher gear.  I looked at the food I had prepped and at the last minute, I decided to make some couscous too.  It was a good decision.  We had Swiss chard sautéed with garlic and then steamed for a little, plus couscous, with some garlic and pork from the grocery store and a salad.  It was nice and got good reviews.  F had rice with his, but also had a bite or two of my couscous.

The rest of the evening was quite quiet.  I watched some telly from the couch and did a bit more crochet, then went back to my chair for the rest of the evening.  Around 11:45 I did all the garbage up for F to take out in the morning.  There’s three bags to take, I think my decluttering is working!  Usually there’s just one little one.

Speaking of which, today’s cull included old videotapes, underwear, another calendar and a slipper!  I’m quite sure that I’ve thrown out the other one already.  


That’s it for me.  Night!

No comments: