December 7, 2014

Sunday - Snowy but warmer

A good day.

I got up this morning because I was cold.  I had been up briefly earlier and came back to bed.  When I did, because F was up, I closed the bedroom door.  F had the heater going,but it couldn’t heat into the bedroom.  Sigh.  

After a while we went out for lunch.  Today, F chose Koike in Haguro.  He confidently drove off there, but on the way I asked him if he was sure he was going the right way.  He said he was, but somehow, when we got to Haguro, we couldn’t find the restaurant.  Ahem.  We’d come the wrong way, so had to go to the other side of Haguro.  Luckily it’s a small place!

We found the restaurant and had a nice meal there.  We had miso pork sauté in a teishoku set.  I gave F my rice because I wasn’t going to eat it, he tried to give me half of his pork.  I ended up taking one piece.  After our meal, we drove out to Mikawa mall.

There was a bit of a traffic jam on the way, not sure why, but, the road around the mall was very busy.  We got there and had to try and find parking.  I suggested to F that since we weren’t planning to stay in the mall really late, we could just go to the other side than the one we usually park on.  He half listened to me.  We ended up parking on the end of the mall.  It was fine really.  

We went in and the mall was packed.  Yuck. I hate it like that.  We bought our tickets to Interstellar and then went and did a little window shopping.  Finally, it was time to go back and get our concession goodies and then see the show.  

Interstellar was great!  I really enjoyed it.  The 3 hours flew by for me.  I liked that I had more questions after the movie than I had before, and that it wasn’t a regular action movie.  

We stopped for a drink at Seattle’s Best and then went to Aeon to price electronics.  After that, it was time to check out the new store.  We went to Don Quijote. I liked it because I like shopping and general craziness, but I’m not sure if F did!  We bought a few food things, but not much else.  I’d like to go back when it is a little less busy and see more of the store.  F had a headache and wasn’t having fun.

Our next adventure today was to have dinner.  We went to Cocos out near the mall.  It was fine, although we had to wait a bit to get seats.  I had my standard chicken, and F had his standard rice gruel with egg  dish.  We were both happy and it wasn’t too expensive.  It was less than 2000 yen for both of us, so not bad.

We came home after our meal and vegged for a while.  I watched Downtown Abbey tonight and it was lovely.  I missed it last week, but no worries really.  

So that was it for my day today.  It really was a good day, but now the week starts and I have so much to do!  I have to get a couple of book mooches out, plus a couple of postcrossings, plus finish wrapping Christmas presents, plus write my Christmas cards.  So, you see, I’m nearly done!  Bah ha ha ha!


Got to go.  Night!

No comments: