December 9, 2014

Tuesday - Rainy 

A productive day.

I went to bed terribly late last night, but got up reasonably early.  For me!  F had told me he’d get up early this morning and take out the garbage.  The kind of garbage going out today was metal and only is allowed every other week, so I really wanted it out today.  However, F didn’t get up in time and so the garbage stays another two weeks.  Oh yay.  Luckily it is metal and glass, not a stinky type!

In the morning, F went out and saw his doctor, maybe his mother and did a little business.  He came back home and wanted me to go out with him.  I took a quick shower first and then we went for lunch.

I wasn’t really in the mood for fish, but that’s the kind of food that F was in the mood for.  Still, he doesn’t always get his way, and the restaurant we went to was pretty good, so it wasn’t a big problem.  I had a sashimi set lunch and F had a chirashi sushi set.  Both were good.  

Then, it was time to go to the post office.  We drove over to the main branch and got ourselves sorted.  I asked F to get a couple of boxes, one for my sister’s family’s presents and one for my best friend.  He did but I was shocked. I didn’t think that the one for my sister would be big enough.  I put him in charge of filling it up. I hope he did a good job, but to do him credit, everything fitted!  I did a lot of paperwork, itemizing what was in the box.  Luckily, I had prepared for this last night, so I was armed with a typed list and it didn’t take too long.  

We got back into line and F and I sent the boxes.  My family’s was horribly expensive, but we can monitor it as it travels, and should be there in time.  Yay for that.

I had other stuff to mail, but we’d been in the post office for so long and the line up behind us was so long, that I asked F to take me to my local post office so I could do it there! On the way, I did mention that I could go to any post office, but he took me to the one that I usually go to!  What a guy.  I got that stuff done too and then I was free!

We visited S-Mall for a couple of minutes and then decided to go to the Internet cafe for a bit.  We were there for a bit over 3 hours.  At first, F was watching a movie until the end, and then I was, so we stayed late.  It was nice and I’m quite sure I fell asleep at one point.  I didn’t have my usual crochet bag with me, so I really wasn’t doing anything while I was there, just relaxing.  I tried to read a bit on my phone, but there was stuff on TV.

After our time was up, we went for dinner. I said I felt like having chicken, so F suggested the chicken izakaya.  I was okay with that, so off we went.  We had a lot of stuff, F had ramen that he liked (amazing!) and I had a nice time with my husband.  It was fairly quiet in there tonight, which pleased me.

We bought groceries for tomorrow’s dinner.  I’m going to do chard, chicken and salad. I’m not sure what else I’ll prepare. 

We came home and had a quiet evening in.  I watched Grey’s Anatomy and worked on my craft project for Christmas.  It’s slow going at this stage, but it is looking good.  


And that’s about it.  It was a good day, and we got some of the important things done for the season. Yay for that!  Tomorrow, I have to write a couple more Christmas cards I think.  Got to go. Night.

No comments: