January 6, 2015

Tuesday - Don’t know, didn’t go out

A busy day.

I got up this morning a bit early and dozed on the couch until X-Files came on.  I didn’t turn on my computer until 11:30 or so.  That was fun.

I did my personal computer stuff and then I got started on doing a cull of non-renewed members on my Women’s group.  I sent out a lot of email and I’m hoping that I’ll not have to do too much more than that!  It’s not realistic of course.

In the afternoon I did some other computer stuff and I watched a few shows that I had kept on the DVR over the break.  That was nice.  

I started working on dinner around 5 pm.  I made soup, I prepared vegetables for roasting and I washed the dishes in the kitchen.  For the next couple of hours I was very busy.  I roasted beets and carrots tonight.  I’d never done that before, but I liked them.  I was trying to be careful with the beets not to get the juice on me.  I wore gloves when I peeled and prepared them! 

We ate around 7:30 and it was nice.  The soup was very good, the chicken I sautéed was nice.  The beets and carrots could have been in the oven a little longer, but I think they needed a bigger roasting pan.  Sadly, I had to use a cake pan, so they didn’t have a lot of room.  Still, they were quite good.  F did the dishes and I relaxed and checked the internet!

In the evening I went over to the couch for Grey’s Anatomy and some knitting.  I finally started the last ball of wool on my scarf.  I hope I’m done before winter is over!

Tonight F asked me about my birthday and what I’d like to do.  He suggested going to the fancy new restaurant that he tried to take me to in the holiday.  I don’t mind too much, but I did mention that I’d rather go to Bardet, the Bistro des Pointes Tsururoka offshoot.  I think HE’D like to go to the new place, I’d like to too, but not on my birthday!

After midnight he started asking me about this long weekend and where I’d like to go.  I hadn’t thought about going anywhere so he started spouting off places.  I tried looking for hotels but he got mad at me at one point…not really sure why….then went off to bed in the midst of my checking.  Well, guess we’re staying home this weekend.  

He was talking about taking time off work tomorrow to take me to the doctor, but I’m hoping he doesn’t.  Although I think I should go to the doctor, I’d rather plan the visit than have him drag me there, kicking and screaming!


Anyway, I’m a bit more out of sorts now than I was this morning, so I’ll end this now and go off to bed.  Got to go.  Night!

No comments: