February 1, 2015

Sunday - Snowy & Cold

A bad day.

I went to bed too late last night.  I really did.  I was channel surfing, and writing and just didn’t get the urge to go to bed until I was too tired.  

When I got up this morning, F had been over to his mother’s and had come back.  Almost the first thing he asked me was if I’d go for lunch to a sashimi restaurant.  Having just looked out the window and seen how horrid it was outside, the idea of going out in the cold to eat cold and raw fish just didn’t appeal to me and I turned him down.  I relented a few minutes later, but it was too late.  He had started whining about really wanting to go to a ramen shop but hadn’t suggested that.  I  told him I’d go, but he would much rather rant at me about how difficult it was to pick a restaurant to please me.  Then, he demanded I pick one and I refused.  At that point I didn’t have an appetite and I couldn’t think of one that was cheap enough to please him and that served fish or something he’d like and would also make me happy. I did think of a couple, but his idea then was to hand me a thousand yen and tell me to go.  Nice touch that. 

He made himself ramen and ate that, I heated up some frozen pasta and had that later on.  He took himself off to bed for a couple of hours.  I stayed up and read my book.  I finished it too.  Yay for me.  Another Rachel Morgan/Kim Harrison book done.  

Around 5:15 I went in to see if he was asleep and if he was going to go to his mothers.  He said he was, but wasn’t any less grumpy.  So, I left the room.  I noticed his phone was ringing so passed it over.  It was his mother wanting him to come over.  He got dressed and left.

When he came back, he did ask if I wanted to go out for dinner, and I said yes.  I suggested a few places, and we went to one of them.  It was a tad expensive, and in all honesty, not that great!  It was okay though.  

We bought a few groceries afterwards, at Yamaya first and then MaxValu.  I was looking for barbecue sauce, but I didn’t find it unfortunately.  I did get some sweet chili sauce and a couple of other things.  I also bought a beef roast at MaxValu.  It was a bit expensive, but I’m hoping that we’ll be able to get a couple of meals out of it.  Fingers crossed! I hope to slow cooker it tomorrow.

We came home and relaxed a bit.  F put on Die Hard 4?5? for me, but I wasn’t really watching it.  I did watch Downton Abbey at 11 and did a little crochet on the couch while it was on.  That was great!  He took a nap, but woke up to take his bath.  

F has finally gone to bed and I’m going to try and get there soon.  I’m quite tired and feel quite depressed that my weekend, which had been going so well, tanked today.  I think that someone is feeling the effects of drinking too much on Friday night!  He swears it wasn’t from that, but I think it was.  

Anyway, hopefully tomorrow will be full of good food and great things.  Come back then and see what on earth I get up to. Until tomorrow….

No comments: