February 16, 2015

Monday - Clear and sunny, warm

A good day.

I got up this morning and had a basically quiet time of it.  F popped in for a few minutes to get something, but was on his way again soon.  I tried to read more of Middlemarch, but I wasn’t into it this morning and abandoned it in favour of the newspaper.  I’ll try again tomorrow.  

I took a shower and tried to watch Agents of Shield, but it wasn’t on the TV.  Sigh.  I watched bits and pieces of stuff, from “live” TV and from the DVR.  In the afternoon I prepared a couple of packages to go out.  One was a bookmooch, the other for a lady in my women’s group.  Around 4 I ran them off to the post office.  Or, should I say, I biked them off?  I rode my bicycle this afternoon. I think it was the first time this year.  Yay for me.  

I came home and then washed the dishes.  I got the table set and dinner pre-started.  I took out the pot, filled it with water, that kind of thing.  F came home a bit late tonight.  I didn’t mind too much. I had fortuitously found Before Sunrise on cable, so re-watched it. It was wonderful, and also quite bittersweet, in terms of what I know will happen to the two along the way.  Casablanca came on just as F came home.  When dinner was ready I turned it off.  Sigh.  

We had linguini Alfredo tonight, plus smoked duck breast and a side salad each.  It was quite nice really.  I certainly enjoyed it.  Immediately after dinner, F disappeared to the bedroom and there he stayed for most of the night.  I was a tad perturbed as it was his turn to do the dishes, but decided if he was that tired, I’d probably be better off doing them now, than I would be by waiting for him.  Luckily there wasn’t that much to do so I got them done quickly.

I checked the TV listings and found that Out of Africa was going to be on in a few minutes.  I had never seen it, so decided that since it looked like F was going to be AWOL for the night, I would watch it.  I really enjoyed it.  Meryl Streep was amazing and Redford was pretty okay too!  

The kerosene in the heater ran out about 20 minutes before the movie did, so I just left it!  I didn’t want to miss anything.  After the movie, I filled it up again, and surprise, surprise, F made a brief appearance.  He’s back in bed asleep now.  

I had a good evening.  I wrote two postcards, watched a movie I’ve never seen before and washed the dishes.  Hurray for me.  Not sure what I’ll get up to tomorrow.  Come on back and find out.  Until tomorrow night….

No comments: