February 18, 2015

Wednesday - Rainy but warmish

A good day.

I woke up early this morning so I got up and turned on the heater.  Then, I made myself comfortable on the couch.  A little too comfortable since I didn’t wake up again until after 10.  Oh no!  I woke up and then did some of my reading.  I managed to get another chapter of Middlemarch done.

I had a quiet morning and early afternoon.  I did most of my usual things, I did have an early shower before going to watch Agents of Shield.  That show has surprised me a bit.  The first few episodes were okay and then it gradually picked up the pace.  I really enjoyed it. I loved the characters and I can’t wait to see what’ll happen next year.  I hope the next season can keep it going. 

I went off to the post office today to get my money order and to mail some postcards.  I managed to get the money order, but I wasn’t sure how to fill it in, so I didn’t send it today.  I have to send it either tomorrow or Friday.  

I came home and had lunch and watched a bit of TV. I had lunch too, a mix of pasta and leftovers from yesterday. 

When F came home, we decided where to go for dinner and decided on one place.  We drove there, but it was closed.  We ended up going to Junior Paper Moon, the place my friend and I went for my birthday lunch.  We both had pasta, just different sorts.  I had chicken cream pasta, which was nice but a bit small.  I had the Ladies set, which came with salad and a special dessert.  I got a sampler with 7 or 8 different desserts on it.  It was quite interesting.  Some of the cakes were a little dry, not sure if they were old or supposed to be that way.  They were nice though.

We bought a few groceries in the nearby grocery store.  F requested yakiniku for tomorrow night.  He meant to go out for it, but I thought having it at home would be so much cheaper!  On Friday it’ll likely be garlic pork and some veggies.  

We came home and F put the groceries away.  I went over to the couch to finish joining all the squares of my baby blanket.  I still have a few ends to darn in, but it looks so nice!  I hope to do a sort of edging for it and I also want to make some of the joins a little stronger.  I did a join as you go thing and it looks good, but I’m worried about little fingers getting caught in them.  This blanket had been underway for a bit and I just love it!  In fact, I really don’t want to give it away unless it is to the right person who will really appreciate it!


So that’s about it for me.  Tomorrow I might go to the post office, or I might stay home and work on my column.  I’ve started it at least, but it still needs a lot of work.  Wish me luck with that.  Until tomorrow….

No comments: