February 19, 2015

Thursday - Rainy then clear

A good day.

I got up this morning quite early, snoozed on the couch for a few minutes, but then woke up and watched my show.  Yay.  I didn’t oversleep today.  I had a nice quiet morning.  I read a chapter of my book, read my blog and had breakfast.  The usual.  

In the afternoon I did a couple of loads of laundry finally and debated going out to the post office or not.  I decided not today.  I also did something that I haven’t done in ages, I shredded a bag of my stuff.  Things like envelopes with my name on them, old computer printouts, you get the idea.  It took a while, but was quite satisfying!  

In the later part of the afternoon, I washed the dishes and got the table ready for dinner.  I took out the grill and washed that too. Then I took a break for a bit.

F came home and for a change he prepared for dinner.  When he was ready, we had a lovely meal of yakiniku and vegetables.  Afterwards he said how nice it was to have so many vegetables with the meal and I pointed out that when we go to yakiniku I try to order more vegetables…I get salad sometimes, and usually egg soup, which has a lot of veggies.  We sometimes order more veggies too.  I’m not sure if he believes me or not!

I did the dishes and then settled in at my computer for a couple of TV programmes and a little postcrossing.  F was looking for his wallet and decided to go over to his mother’s to see if he left it there.  He came back a little while later, but hadn’t found it.  Sigh.  Then he misplaced his phone.  I don’t know, what should I do to make him take care of his stuff?  Luckily the phone turned up, but the wallet still hasn’t.

F went to bed rather early, so I sat on the couch and darned in some ends during Once Upon a Time. That was good.  I still have a ways to go as I’m trying to sew some of the squares together with the ends.  I should probably do it separately.

And that was my day.  I did have a couple of long lost postcrossings come through today.  One was a card that I thought was a goner as the person hadn’t been on postcrossing forever…he registered it today.  The other was a little bit sad, the person had quit postcrossing so Postcrossing registered the card for me.  The last one was also a very long ago card.  

Tomorrow I’ll go out to mail my postcards and my passport, and I’m hoping to maybe go and have some tea somewhere, but I still haven’t finished my column, so I might not.  

That’s it for me, until tomorrow….


2 comments:

Crafty Tokyo Mama said...

I put a bell on my husband's bike key. Doesn't work for wallets and phones though, both of which he has also misplaced. He loses hats, gloves, scarves and umbrellas a lot too...
I recently had an old postcrossing card registered by Postcrossing too, saying that the account had been closed. It was almost a year old! It's nice that they are doing that.

Helen said...

I'm thinking about chaining it to his ear or something so he never loses it! He still hasn't found it. I can't quite understand it.

It is nice that they are giving us credit for the old cards! There's been quite a few that just haven't gone through...I'd love to know what happened to the cards.