March 19, 2015

Thursday - Rainy and cloudy

An odd day.

I got up this morning early if you can believe it!  I took a shower and then got dressed and came through to the living room.  I watched a little TV and I when it was time for my friend to arrive, I went outside.  She had just arrived so it was good timing.

We had lunch in Cocos and it was nice.  We both had the same thing, a white bean curry with chicken and rice, plus drink bar.  The waitress brought us the wrong dish at first, luckily my friend said something about it because it had tomato sauce all over it.  We had a great gab session, and really enjoyed ourselves.  We also went to a nearby drugstore, mostly to look around.  We found out that they are closing their doors at the end of the month.  It’s a bit sad, but that area of town has far too many drugstores anyway.

In the afternoon I wrapped the presents that I want to send to my friend in Canada.  It took a while and I found something a bit later that I had forgotten I bought! Good thing I hadn’t sent them yet. 

I had just started working on dinner prep when F came home.  He was tired and headachy again.  I tried to find out how long it would take for him to cook the fish, but he claimed that he couldn’t do it.  That meant I was stuck doing the fish too.  So, I went to check out the fish rack and it was filthy.  Whomever had used it last time (NOT ME) hadn’t cleaned it.  I started to clean it and then I thought nope, not going to do it.  I made F do it.  He wasn’t very gracious about it, but did clean it.  However, he put it back in the stove all covered with soap!  This from the man who thinks that dishwashing detergent is poison.  I rinsed it and got a start on the other dishes.  Tonight I cooked gindara, new potatoes and swiss chard with garlic and onion.  I managed to get everything done at about the same time.  F even graced our table with his presence.  The food was good, but the company was not.  He hasn’t been feeling well for a while and work makes it hard for him to see the doctor.  

The rest of the evening has been fairly quiet.  F fell asleep on the couch and is still there.  Another lonely night.  Yesterday he had talked about going to karaoke tonight, and even said he would when I reminded him, but then he fell back asleep.  I wrote a couple of postcards when it became apparent that we weren't going anywhere.

Tomorrow I’ll be cooking again at night.  I’m thinking that I might go out in the daytime if I can, and if the weather allows.  F said he might take time off work and go to the doctor.  Honestly, I hope he does.  Come back in a bit and find out what I get up to.  Until tomorrow then…!

No comments: