March 24, 2015

Tuesday - Snowy and cold

To call today a bad day would be calling a root canal a mild toothache.  Sigh.  

I got up early enough, had a nice morning of reading the paper, my book, my blog, the usual.  I took a shower and then got dressed up nicely so I could go out when F came home.

I noticed that he’d called me when I was in the shower so I called him back.  He wasn’t done at the doctor.  His mum needed more tests or something in the afternoon.  Fair enough.  He wouldn’t be home until 4ish.

I hadn’t eaten anything yet, so I decided I had better do that.  I made myself an omelette and was just tucking in to it when my phone rang.  F was coming home.  Huh?

And that’s when my day went all to hell.  He came in, saw me eating and decided to make himself some ramen.  He ate that and made more ramen.  I was a bit upset because he was getting in my way in the kitchen and was generally being not nice.  We ended up fighting and he started up with the old “you have to go to bed at the same time as I do and get up when I do” baloney.  That of course made me very angry and I said a few things I probably shouldn’t…but maybe I should.  

I tried to clear the air by asking if he’d like to go out but was rudely turned down, so I went out for a walk.  That was a really good thing to do.  I was out of the apartment and out in the cold for about 30 minutes or so.  I just walked around and then, finally and sadly came home.  

F hadn’t improved in mood at all.  He went out after a while to his house, came back around 7 with food for himself.  He ate it.  I asked him to take me out and so we went to the grocery store where I got food for myself for the next couple of nights.  

I came home again and ate, then did my dishes.  

That’s where I am now.  I have no idea why he’s being such an idiot.  I am really getting tired of it.  

Ironically, I’m thinking of going to bed right now because I can’t get warm and I have a huge headache.  I’ve set up the DVR to tape my programmes so I might end up going to bed soon anyway.  

I do hope that he doesn’t try to contact me at all during the day tomorrow.  I need a full day without him….a month would be better though!


That’s it for me.  Until tomorrow…?

2 comments:

Rosa said...

Sorry you had such a rotten day! Your husband seems to take out his troubles with his mother on you. I imagine she puts a lot of pressure on him.

Time for a solo vacation maybe? How's Canada looking these days?


Helen said...

I was just thinking the same thing! I think it's even colder there than here, but that's pretty normal.

I agree that a change of scenery for me would be a good thing. It might be good for him to miss me a little too.

Thanks for commenting.