March 29, 2015

Sunday - Cloudy and rainy

A good day.

I got up early today to check my email.  There was a message from my friend with a meet-up time.  F came home soon after I got up and we had some tea while I got dressed.  

Around 11:30 we left the apartment and drove over to the restaurant.  We met my friend and her little boy and had a lovely meal with some laughs.  After a couple of hours we went our separate ways.

F and I headed over to the Chido Museum and went to see the Hina Doll exhibit.  There were some lovely sets of dolls and dolls equipment.  There were tiny, tiny sets of dolls too this time.  They were interesting to see.  

After the museum we came home, ostensibly to use the washroom, but in actual fact, for F to snooze on the couch for a while! He roused himself after 5:30 and went over to his house to take care of the dog.

We had dinner over by Voice tonight.  I had curry with fried chicken on top, F had ramen and gyoza.  Mine was quite nice, but not wonderful.  

We drove out to Mikawa and parked at the mall.  We had a while before the movie, so I went and looked at wool.  The wool section has become very small now.  There are only a few things left.  Most of it is on sale, but I’m not too happy about the quantities and types or yarn, so I left it for tonight. On the way back to the theatre, F saw that shirts were on sale, so bought himself a couple of them.  

We went to see Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb.  It wasn’t my choice of film, but I thought I should let F pick the movie once in a while!  It was okay.  I didn’t hate it, but I didn’t love it either.  There were a few yucks and I enjoyed some of the cameos and the British actors, but over all, I wouldn’t see it again unless it was free.  

After the movie,  F wasn’t feeling that great, so we just came home.  I watched Downton Abbey, while F fell asleep on the couch.  He is half-convinced he has flu.  He’s going to go to work in the morning, then take the rest of the day off, take his mother to the doctor and maybe get a flu test.  I’ve told him that he is not to give me anything that will make me sick.  This week I have two  trips coming up that I don’t want to cancel.  

And, that’s about it. My day, and you are now up to date!  Tomorrow I’m probably going to have F around for a while.  I need to do laundry and prepare for my trip on Tuesday.  I’m looking forward to meeting up with a couple of old friends and their children, but if F has the flu I’ll likely have to cancel.  Until tomorrow…!

No comments: