March 8, 2015

Sunday - Cool but sunny

A good day.

I slept very well for me last night and finally dragged myself out of bed in the afternoon.  It was strange though.  I went to bed and F was still up, so I used an eye mask because his light was on.  I don’t know if it was the eye mask, or the drink I had, but I didn’t get up as often as I usually do, so felt quite rested this morning.  Hurray for that.

F and I talked about our lunch and finally decided to go to some place we saw in a magazine, but about 5 minutes later he changed his mind and announced we’d go to a new place completely.  I didn’t mind too much as I was in the mood for an adventure.  Off we went and discovered this kind of cool old style farmhouse that is converted into a restaurant and apparently is an inn too.  We were able to have lunch there.  I had two kinds of pork, although I’d rather have had one kind plus some fish like he did!  Anyway, although it took a long time to get our meal, it was nice.  We had a lovely view and the farmhouse had such interesting character!

After lunch we went shopping in Voice.  First we checked out Bon Symphony and looked at their kitchen goods.  I mentioned that I’d like a glass pie dish with straight sides, it looks perfect for quiche actually.  F bought it for me!  He would have bought quite a few other things for me too, but I wouldn’t let him!  We checked out a couple of secondhand shops at Voice too, but left those empty-handed.  

By the time we finished, F had to go back to his mother’s house, so he did that after dropping me off at home.  He came back about an hour later and we relaxed for a while.  About 7:30 I asked about dinner and we ended up going to Jiro, our old favourite.  It was actually a Siri suggestion, but I’m not telling her that!

I had chicken, F had a gratin set and we were both pleased.  Then, we went to the grocery store and got some groceries.  I’m going to try a new recipe tomorrow and see how it goes.  

I caught the tail end of The Grand Budapest Hotel and then turned over for Downton Abbey.  Of course, after F took his bath he was Mr. Noisy again.  I held my tongue today though and didn’t say anything.  I honestly don’t understand how he can make so much noise and be oblivious to it.  I got another row of my blanket sewn up.  Just 3 more I think.  Hurray for that.  


And that was my day.  For an unplanned Sunday it was quite good!  Tomorrow I have to load the slow cooker up in the morning and let it cook all day.  I may go out and do something later, or I may not.  I’m not sure.  Come back and find out what I end up doing.  Until tomorrow then….

No comments: