April 11, 2015

Saturday - Slightly overcast

Eventually, a good day.

I got up this morning before 9 am and sadly fell asleep the couch for a while.  I thought my husband does it at night, why shouldn’t I when I was tired? I woke up a bit later and took my shower.  I knew that F was out with his mother, but sadly I had no idea when he’d be back.  I didn’t eat breakfast because I thought he’d return soon and want to have lunch.  I waited and waited.  I finally ate around 12:30 or 1pm.  

F finally came home around 2 pm.  I was a tad upset.  He hadn’t left me any kind of a message as to how long he’d be out so I had no idea if I should have lunch on my own or what.  He had eaten with his mother but said he’d like to eat a bit more.  All the cool places that I thought we could go for lunch were now off their lunch menus so we decided to go to a place in Yunohama.  We drove there and of course they were finished lunch too.  I’m not sure why F didn’t phone to check.  Of course, it was now so late that we couldn’t get back to Tsuruoka in time for lunch anywhere.  I wasn’t too happy.

I finally suggested hitting up one of the places in S-Mall that does sandwiches and in face, that’s what we did.  I got a sandwich at Doutor, F got a drink and a pastry.  It was nice but not really enough.

After a bit of hundred yen shopping, we came home.  F went to walk his dog and I stayed home.  When F came back I suggested that we NOT go to a movie tonight as there really isn’t that much that is worth seeing and it might be more fun to DO something.  We had a lovely dinner at Futaba…honestly very nice.  We started by having some marinated vegetables, then chicken confit with soup and either bread or rice.  We ended our meal with chocola terrine with sorbet and tea.  It was an excellent meal and F redeemed himself no end by taking me there!

We went to the Internet Cafe after dinner.  I was hoping we’d do karaoke, but they were full and the massaging chairs were available.  We spent the next few hours in bliss.  Well, I did!  I also did some knitting of my cowl and finished my second ball of yarn.  Yay.  I watched a couple of episodes of Hannibal and tonight’s Devious Maids.  Good stuff really.  We came home just after midnight.

I watched Penny Dreadful and then Marple, while F slept on the couch.  In a few minutes I’ll probably wake him up and send him and myself off to bed! 

It turned into a pretty good day after all.  I’m not sure what we’ll get up to on the morrow.  You’ll have to come back and find out.  Until tomorrow….

No comments: