April 14, 2015

Tuesday - Cloudy and a little rainy

A good day.

I got up this morning and used my new teapot in the microwave.  I’m not sure how long to heat it for, it’s a bit confusing.  Honestly, I think I’d rather just boil the kettle and do it that way!  Still, I had some of my bargain darjeeling tea and enjoyed it a lot.

I had a quiet day, mostly at home.  I watched some TV and some DVR’d stuff, then I started scanning my postcards.  It took a while as I had a lot come in yesterday.  I finally got them all done up, but it was so close to 5 pm.  Could I get to the post office in time?  I needed to go in and buy a stamp today.  I zoomed off on my bike and just made it.  I got my stamp, but I just missed the post office pick up.  

I came home again a little slower and decided to look for a recipe for dinner.  I had chicken pieces and I had shimeji mushrooms, so what could I make?  I found a recipe for simple soy sauce chicken and I had or nearly had all the ingredients, so I decided to make that.  It wasn’t very difficult, and soon I had it bubbling away on the stove.  

F came home around 7 pm and dinner was virtually ready.  I made myself some couscous and gave F a pack of his rice.  Then, we ate.  It wasn’t bad.  I could improve a few things on the recipe, and had already…I used a real onion rather than dried onion, next time I’d use a real clove of garlic instead of powdered, and so on.  I used the shimeji instead of canned mushrooms.  Anyway, it was pretty good and F quite liked it.  He said it would be okay to have it again some time, so I’ll file the recipe away.  Yay for that.

In the evening, I did something that I’ve been putting off for a bit.  I ordered yarn from Deramores.  Many of my friends rave about their yarn, so I decided to check them out.  I have a baby blanket to make, so thought that i really should get started.  I had to do a little substitution as some of their wool was out of stock, but I think it’ll be an interesting blanket.  I’m doing it in blues, a light brown and a grey.  Gosh, I hope it works out okay, and that I ordered enough.  Fingers crossed I did!

We had a quiet evening here.  I started knitting a little bit of a swatch to see how my knitting needles and the yarn will work, and then I put it aside to blog.  F went to bed around midnight and I really should get there soon.

I have no idea what I’m going to get up to tomorrow.  If the weather is decent I might go out and check out the cherry blossoms or I might just stay at home.  Come back and find out what happens here.  Until tomorrow….

No comments: