April 19, 2015

Sunday - Hazy but nice.

A lovely day!

I got up fairly early for me today, somewhere around 10:30.  I got dressed and we left around 11:00 to drive to Amarume.  We arrived at the restaurant, but our friend was going to be late.  We went in.  She came a bit later with her son, who was in rather a bad mood at first.  We had a lovely time anyway.  The food at the restaurant was very nice, although we thought it was a little small!  

After lunch, we decided to drive to Chokai No Mori, and had a look around up there.  We all walked over a suspension bridge and looked over the river and Sakata. It was quite beautiful.  After that, we drove back down the mountain and went to Soukouji Temple. My friend knew the Priest’s wife so we went and had a quick tour of the temple and then a sweet and macha while we looked out at the beautiful garden.  My friend’s son and the Temple couple’s children went a bit crazy running all over the garden, and then F got in the act when he thought the children were getting a bit careless. 

The temple was lovely, and the grounds were peaceful and restive.  I could have stayed there so much longer, but we had to get back to Tsuruoka so F could help his mother.  

We were walked back to the gates of the temple by the priest and his family and then we had to say goodbye to my friend and her son.  

F and I drove back to our apartment and he let me out of the car.  I came in and downloaded my pictures.  

The Soukouji Temple Gate

Japanese Tiger

Fisherman and Dragon

Close-up of the Dragon

Part of the garden

Another dragon

Rabbit...around 200 years old

Matcha and half of my sweet
My "sweet" and I!

When F came home again, we decided where to go.  We had lots of ideas, but decided to go to Cocos.  It was quite busy, so we had to wait a little, but really not very long…two or three minutes!  F surprised me, he had roast beef.  I surprised myself and had tandori chicken curry.  It was pretty good.  

We bought groceries after dinner.  We are going to have pasta tomorrow night and then the soy sauce chicken again on Tuesday.  At least that is the plan at the moment.

In the evening I watched Downton Abbey and finished up the knitting part of the hat that I’m making.  I still have to finish the top of it. It looks very nice however.  

So, that’s about it for my day.  It was great because we didn’t just sit around the apartment and we didn’t fight about food.  Yay for that.  I hope that tomorrow will be a good day too.  Come back later and find out what I get up to.  Until tomorrow….

No comments: