April 26, 2015

Sunday - Hot and sunny

A good day.

I had suggested that we go to a new restaurant out of town this morning for lunch, so I tried to get up early.  Tried and failed. Sigh.  However, once I woke up, I got up and got dressed right away. Yay.  

We drove to Amarume and went to the restaurant in the tourist building there.  It was interesting!  We had yakiniku, I had calbee and F had beef steak.  He had his with curry and rice, I had mine with a huge, yummy salad.  We got dessert and a drink with our meals too.  It was a nice place and we were lucky to get a table.  Many tables were already reserved when we arrived. 

After lunch we drove to Mikawa Shopping Centre and had drinks at Seattle’s Best Coffee.  We didn’t really do anything else in the mall.

We then drove over to Ikoinomura, and managed to find a parking space.  We walked over and looked at the amazing tulips on display. We walked a long way today, but the tulips were gorgeous.  A few were a little past it, but the majority were still in their prime.  






F drove into Tsuruoka next and then remembered that there was a big event in the park near his house.  We went to have a look, but they were packing up.  We did a bit more walking around in the park.  It was a little bittersweet for me, as the park is where I used to power walk in the year or two after we got married.  They have a lovely course there and I used to go every day.  

We hit up the Komagi Spa market for some fresh vegetables.  I got some potatoes and carrots, plus a few onions.  Then, F dropped me off at home and went to take care of his mother and dog.

When he returned a while later, we tried to go to a restaurant beyond the Voice shopping area, but it wasn’t open.  Instead, we went to the curry/ramen restaurant behind Voice.  F had ramen and I ordered a vegetable stir-fry.  I was quite surprised when they presented me with curry plus stir-fry!  It wasn’t what I wanted at all.  They took it away and brought me an actual stir-fry later.  It was good, but a bit small.  The sign that we saw for the dish didn’t say it was curry, it just said it was a stir-fry.  It confused F too, so it wasn’t just me!

After dinner, we went to karaoke for a couple of hours.  We went to the place near our grocery store and had a good time.  I did a lot of stuff that I liked.  I even tried a few songs for the first time.  I did a lot of my usuals as well.  

When karaoke was over, we went to the grocery store and then came home.  I watched Don Jon, which had a point to it, although it was a very adult film. I’m not sure that I’m old enough for that movie!


And that’s about it.  I had a really good day.  Tomorrow things are back to normal as F goes to work.  I will try and do some pre-trip preparations and work on my blooming column.  I must do it! Come back and find out just what I get up to.  Until tomorrow….

No comments: