May 20, 2015

Wednesday - Warm and sunny, then cold and cloudy!

A really good day.

I got up a bit early this morning, got dressed and had breakfast.  I printed something out on my computer, packed up my backpack, and left the apartment.  I was a woman on a mission.  

I went to see the 9:30 am showing of Begin Again at the local theater.  It was in the smallest room and there were quite a few people there.  I really enjoyed the movie.  

After the movie, I visited a nearby post office for stamps and then went to the mall for lunch.  I had lunch at Patio, their pasta special.  Today I had spinach and bacon pepperoncino and it was very nice.  

I finished lunch and then walked back to my hairdresser’s salon.  I was hoping that she’d be available to give me a haircut and she was. I spent the next hour or so being made gorgeous!  I paid and walked back to the mall.  

I had a glass of Royal Soy Milk Tea at Doutors and read the magazine I had borrowed from a friend.  I’m not quite finished it.  Then, I noticed how dark and scary it looked outside.  I decided I had better make a break for home.  It was quite cold and windy, but I did make it home before the weather got worse.

F was a bit late tonight, but nothing major.  When he came back we decided to go to Misono for dinner, but on our way there he asked if we could go to Jiro instead.  It was fine with me, I love Jiro, so there we went.  I had the chicken sauté tonight, F had the Oriental Curry.  That’s the name of the dish.

After dinner we went to the grocery store and bought some food for the next couple of nights.  Tomorrow night I’m going to do ginger pork with shredded cabbage, and swiss chard.  At least that is the plan at the moment! Friday will likely be pasta.  

We had a quiet evening in.  I did a bit of crochet and since I took a picture earlier of my crochet colours so far, I’ll post the pictures here.  My dilemma is that some of the colours won’t look good together.  I think I’m going to be changing things up a bit though.  I may have to repeat some of the work I’ve already done.  Sigh.

The dark greenish colour doesn't match well with the Royal Blue or the lighter blue off at the right. There will be a couple of rows of a grey colour between all of the squares.  

The colours are close, but off slightly I think.
And that’s about it.  It was a good, but quiet evening, and a generally nice day.  Not sure what tomorrow will bring.  Please come back and find out!  Until tomorrow….

No comments: