June 19, 2015

Friday - Hot and a bit muggy.

A not great day.

I got up a bit late this morning but had an okay morning.  I did things a little differently today, I changed into my workout clothes earlier than usual so I was ready to go earlier.  Today I did a 45 minute work out, or a 3 mile walk.  I sweated up a storm.  I was quite tired at the end, but triumphant that I managed to stay on my feet for it all!

I did a bunch of normal stuff, I took a shower, I scanned my cards and I had lunch.  I biked off to the post office and delivered my cards to the mail box.  

I came home and after a while I got a start on dinner.  F had called to say he’d be late, a work emergency had come up.  Around 7 he called to say he was on his way home.  I had things very nearly ready, the table was all set and after I told him the dish would be ready in two or three minutes he went to bed.  When it was done, I asked him to come to the table, but he wanted his medicine first.  I couldn’t find it.  He got up, took his medicine and went back to bed.  

I had dinner, and very nice it was too.  I had done some nice sausages, with a cabbage salad and a julienned zucchini dish with roasted pine nuts.  That was really simple and delicious.  I ate, then I washed up and put everything away.  

I spent a quiet but enjoyable evening by myself.  I watched my Friday night telly in peace, checked out how much yarn I have left, and decided that I almost have enough to make another blanket!  I really did over-order.  It would have the same colours, but I’d probably do them in different ways. I think it would be cool honestly!


And that’s my day today.  I’m not sure what we’re going to get up to next.  It depends a lot on how ornery my husband is when he wakes up.  We did have plans to meet a friend in the next city, so we’ll have to see if we can do that.  Come back later and see what happens.  Until tomorrow….

No comments: