June 20, 2015

Saturday - Hot and sunny

A good day!

I got up fairly early today and F was back.  He had taken his mother out and was back in time for us to go out and meet up with our friend.  

We drove to Yuza (or Yusa), met our friend and her little boy, and had a lovely lunch at Hachifukujin restaurant.  We ordered entrees which included the buffet with that.  We also had drink bar and a good time! 

After a few hours we had to go our separate ways.  I thought that F was going to take me to Sakata, but instead, he took me to a museum in Yuza.   It is Historic Aoyama Residence and it was quite interesting.  The man who lived there was a fisherman and he moved up to Otaru in his 20’s.  He apparently was very successful.  Anyway, the house and garden was very beautiful and the museum had a bit of an underdeveloped feeling about it.  I like looking at older houses and trying to imagine who lived there and why they did the things they did.  It’s a bit hard for me to imagine Japanese homes however.

After the museum, we drove into Sakata and went to Starbucks.  Yay.  It wasn’t as busy as the last time we went and we were able to get a table easily.  I had an English Breakfast Tea Latte with soy milk and it was great. 

When we were on our way back towards Tsuruoka, we stopped at the Sankyo Warehouses so I could pick up a few more postcards and then we went to the Mall in Mikawa.  We had dinner at a Japanese restaurant in the mall.  It wasn’t great, but it was F’s choice.  Then, we went to see Mad Max:Fury Road.  That was fun.  I’m not sure if I liked it as much as the old ones, however, I really liked Charlize Theron in the film.  My memories of the old Mad Max are somewhat tempered by the fact that I was madly in love with Mel Gibson at the time.  I thought it was interesting and I wouldn’t even mind seeing it again!

After the movie we came home and as soon as we got here, F went to bed.  He didn’t even change into his PJ’s.  There’s a bit of a dampness in the air, we’re supposed to have rain tomorrow, so I think it’ll be affecting his back, poor thing.  


Anyway, I’m off to bed too.  No idea what will happen on the morrow.  Guess we’ll both have to come back and see! Until tomorrow….

2 comments:

Rosa said...

Ah, Mel! He was beautiful and seemed like he was so much fun back in the day, wasn't he? Too bad he turned out to be an abusive dirtbag. Ah, well. Another one bites the dust!

Helen said...

So true! Although he did have funny ideas even then about birth control and other matters!

Thanks for visiting :-)