June 22, 2015

Monday - Hot and sunny

A good day.

I got up early this morning, came through to sit on the couch and promptly fell asleep.  Sigh.  I missed most of Burn Notice too as I couldn’t stay awake.  I had my breakfast and some ice tea, then did my walk.  Today I did the three mile walk.  It was a tad easier today, but that could have been because I had more idea how to pace myself and what she was going to do at different times.  Tomorrow I’ll probably do a couple of short ones instead.

I did have a quiet day at home.  I was just going to take my shower when F came home for a few minutes.  I jumped in the shower because I couldn’t bear not to…he went back to work.  

I did get a couple of postcards today, for the first time in almost two weeks.  It’s been an odd month.  I got so many at the beginning, but so few in the middle.  

I made dinner tonight and did a few little things for it.  We had the requisite bought salad, then I did the sriracha-orange green beans that I like and also did salmon meuniere.  It was more of the Japanese style than the true one, however.  I dredged the fish in seasoned flour and then pan-fried it…I made a sauce out of white wine and soy sauce for it.  It wasn’t bad.  I made couscous for myself because I think it’ll be good tomorrow night.

F did the dishes and I watched a little telly.  He went out for a walk…he did about three miles too, but outside.  When he was back I let him watch some TV and I watched part of a movie on YouTube for my column.  It’s a Japanese one and was better than I expected.  It was quite funny.  I saw a preview for it and I hated it, but the bit I saw wasn’t bad. It was crazy as one might expect!

That was almost it for my day.  It was pretty good.  I didn’t do any postcrossings tonight, I may have to skip them this week.  It takes a lot of time to prepare the cards to go out, time that I should be writing!  However, we’ll see what happens.  

Come back in a bit and we’ll see what my day is like.  Until tomorrow ….


No comments: