June 28, 2015

Sunday - Rainy, cloudy and cooler

A better day. 

I went to bed at 2:00 am last night.  I was alone for a long time.  I had a bathroom trip at 4 something and when I came back, F had vanished from the couch, the lights and the TV were off.  He was trying to sleep and I could tell that he was really tense.  I had enough of fighting so I leaned over and massaged his back in the spot that gets really sore.  After that, things were okay.

He was up before me in the morning and made bread.  I surprised myself and got up before my alarm went off.  I watched a bit of the Canada vs. England soccer game…Canada lost.  Sigh.  We were quite friendly.

We had a slice of bread each when it was ready and then went out for lunch to a new place.  I had seen that a new restaurant had opened nearby when I went out yesterday, so I suggested going there.  It’s small, so I told F that if it was too expensive or too crowded we could go to his restaurant instead.  We went to Zupperia which is next to the Chido Museum.  It was quite nice.  It was very Japanese, but the ingredients are all local and very fresh.  It was good, but I’m not sure if we’ll go again as it was a little bit expensive.  We visited part of the Chido Museum again and saw some woodblock prints.  They looked rather pervy to be honest!

After the museum, we checked out the craft shop.  I got a set of hooks with handles and a hank of scarf yarn/material.  I made a scarf with it before and it is lovely.  If I don’t like it made up, I can give it to someone as a present I think.

Then, we went to the grocery store quickly to pick up a new pan.  They’ve been having a collect stamps kind of thing for a discount and today was the last day to pick it up.  

Next, we went over to the brand new Yamada Denki to have a look around.  It is a huge store, but not easy to find our way around.  We looked at a few things.  I was hoping to price a Fitbit, but they didn’t have any, and thought I’d look at cooking equipment, but they didn’t have what I wanted. 

We went to one more place after that, Takeda.  It’s an old kind of discount store.  They sell everything and anything.  I was impressed that they had afghan hooks for Tunisian crochet.  We didn’t buy anything there, just had fun looking around.

We came home briefly, and then went to the Internet Cafe.  We had to wait 5 or 10 minutes to get our massaging chairs, but it wasn’t a big deal really.  We spent the next few hours getting massaged.  We also ate there.  I had Turko Rice, good, but really way too much for me.  I was really hungry beforehand though.  

When our 3 hours were up, we left and did a quick grocery shop.  I’m going to make Chicken Adobo again in the slow cooker tomorrow, and hope there’s enough for two days worth of food.  There will be actually!  

We came home and spent a bit of time together and then I watched Project Runway.  It was quite good tonight.  It was a team challenge and so far, everyone is on their best behaviour.  I think the right person went home tonight.

F went to bed fairly early as he was tired.  We had  quite a full day with lots of running around.  It was good though.

Tomorrow he’s back to work and I’m back to working out a bit.  I have to cook though, but if I set up my slow cooker first I should be okay.  I hope!

Come back later and find out what I get up to!  Until tomorrow….

No comments: