June 29, 2015

Monday - Cloudy and cooler

A good day.

I got up this morning before my show started and spent a little couch time on it.  I drank some tea and read blogs and checked the internet.  I got some pictures of my niece’s grad and she looked lovely. 

I left it too late to do a long workout today, so I did the resistance band workout and then did a bit of walking to my own tune.  No problems.  

I changed and prepped the slow cooker for dinner.  I was using a recipe I got from a friend on a women’s group here, for chicken adobo.  Yum.  It didn’t take too long to get it all set up and then I let it cook away.  Yay.  

In the afternoon, I did some computer stuff, had breakfast (I know, a bit late!), took a shower and did a bit of this and that.  

Around 5 pm I had a piece of bread and some peanut butter and called it lunch, then washed dishes and set the table for dinner.  I also prepped a few more vegetables so that I could serve dinner quickly when F came home.

He came home and I was ready to go in about 5 minutes.  We had chicken adobo and either rice or couscous, plus lettuce and leftover broccoli.  It was nice really.  There weren’t many dishes for F to do as I’d been doing them as I went.  He did them and I relaxed.  He  gave me some blueberries and yogurt later on, that was a nice treat.

In the evening I did a bit of crochet over on the couch.  I’m thinking of taking my leftover yarn and making  another baby blanket!  We’ll see how far I get, and if I can get a different look for the same yarns!

I also wrote up 5 postcrossing cards.  I didn’t send any last week so I’m a bit behind.  I also received a couple today.  I’ll have to stamp and scan them tomorrow.  I hope it works out.  

And that’s about that.  I don’t have to cook a full dinner tomorrow, just reheat the chicken and I do plan on making one new dish for us, if I get the ingredients.  I may have to go out for them though.  


Come back later and see what I get up to.  Until tomorrow….

No comments: