June 5, 2015

Friday - Cloudy but warmer  

See below this entry for June 6th's entry...I goofed!

A good day.  

I got up a bit late this morning, oh well.  I grabbed my computer and did a lot of reading on it.  It was nearly 12 when I got dressed for my walking.  I only did a short one today. I knew I’d be going out later and I was running very late.

In the afternoon I felt like I was busy, although I probably wasn’t!  I watched the old movie Phantom of the Paradise on NHK and marvelled at the 70’s weirdness of it.  It wasn’t the first time I saw it, that was worthy of note.  I stayed up late one summer to watch it as a teenager and the TV channel mixed up the reels.  It didn’t make any sense and they had to repeat parts of it.  Such an odd film (even in the right order!)

I scanned my cards in the afternoon and stamped them.  I biked over to the post office and bought a few new stamps too.  There’s some nice ones out for summer now.  They have seashells on them.  I got some of those, and some flowery ones.  I also gave the post office lady a postcard that was delivered to me by mistake!  Just because I receive 10 or more postcards a week, doesn’t mean that I should receive ALL the postcards in  English in Tsuruoka! I finally managed to make the lady understand that it wasn’t addressed for me.  She took it and off I went.  

F had said he’d get back at 6:00 but actually he was earlier than that.  His mum was better today too, so he didn’t have to go over there.  I hadn’t started dinner yet, so I had to get things done.  Luckily there wasn’t a lot to do.

Tonight’s dinner was roast beef (from the store), vegetable stir-fry…from the store but I added some veggies to it, and a few leftovers and veggie sticks.  It was quite good really.  Except, and this is a little sad, I discovered I’m not a cilantro person.  I bought some fresh coriander at the grocery store last night.  Many of the recipes I want to try have it in them, so when I saw it, I had to get it.  F and I tasted a leaf each and we didn’t like it much.  I think I could get used to it, but F really isn’t a fan. I put some on my stirfry and it was okay, but I didn't love it.  

F watched a repeat of a women’s soccer game on TV tonight which irritated me.  I missed a programme I always watch because of it and I thought he wanted to go out.  He asked if I’d go out for a walk at 9:45 and I told him I wouldn’t.  The drugstore (that he wanted to go to) would be closing in a few minutes, so I said I’d rather stay home.  We couldn't walk there anyway.

I watched The Mentalist from the couch and did a little more on my blanket.  I’ve gone past today’s picture, but I may not be able to post another one this weekend, it depends what we get up to.  

We had a fairly quiet evening, I turned the TV over to F, but he’s watching stuff I don’t like.  I think it is time for me to get out of here and go off to bed.  Or something!

Here’s the picture with what I did last night… It is growing in leaps and bounds.

That’s it for me.  Come back later and see how my weekend starts.  Until tomorrow….

See below for June 6th's entry...I goofed!

No comments: